Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yet another porting failure for Plusnet

Frustrated1byPN
Dabbler

Re: Yet another porting failure for Plusnet

Hi Anoush,

That's fine about the confusion.

Without wanting to stray into bitterness, I know that generally Plusnet refuses to give even the vaguest timeframe. However, obviously we're now pushing a month of mixed messages and delays - could you, based on your conversation with the Ops team, give me some idea of when this might be completed?

Many thanks in advance.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Hello,

We do give time-frames when we can and when we have them even if they're estimated (Rarely guaranteed). Unfortunately there's no estimated timeframe we can give for delayed mobile ports in general I'm afraid. If we provided you with an estimated timeframe, it wouldn't be accurate. We proactively chase delayed ports with our suppliers and track them daily.

While your port is flagged as a delayed, it's a bit different in that it's rejected in the supplier system even though it looks like we've got all the files. Setting expectations again, it may not be possible to complete the port.

I'll be happy to check the delayed port tracker regularly for you and if I see any changes or receive any more information, I'll let you know.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Frustrated1byPN
Dabbler

I would be grateful if you could.

At this point, as I'm sure you can understand, I just want a final answer so I would be grateful if you would keep me updated regularly.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Absolutely, I'll regularly check for updates (I.e. every day I'm in the office) however I don't really see much point messaging you every day if there are no updates, so I'd be happy to message you once a week unless there are updates?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Frustrated1byPN
Dabbler

Understood. That's a bit depressing, since it obviously implies this will go on for weeks and weeks, which I do think is unacceptable, but thank you for agreeing to keep an eye on it - it's much appreciated.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Yeah I can understand that, I wish there was better news we could give you. Sad

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
RobC
Pro
Fixes: 3

@Frustrated1byPN 

You need to notify PN of a FORMAL COMPLAINT headed as such.

Detail the issue, what you have done so far, the contacts and responses, in writing - dont accept you have to ring them but note it if they claim that.

Its for them to properly inform you and keep you informed - not just say something might happen some day maybe.

Show us ONE just ONE real, defined benefit for the British public from Brexit

Brexit Promised cake .... But just delivers a stream of Cack
... and expects us all to just swallow it
Brexit - Built from Bovine Manure by Bots
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@RobC I’m already handling the complaint. Any ‘formal’ high level complaint would likely drop back into my department (Customer Advocates) and similar answers will be provided as the next adviser will liaise with the same team I am.

I deal with a range of high level complaints.

I’m committed to taking this on personally and checking the progress every day.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
RobC
Pro
Fixes: 3

@Gandalf 

Then making this 'formal complaint into an actual 'Formal Complaint' with its attendant more structured and defined requirements - as required in any escalations whether to various regulators or to small claims courts shouldn't be any issue at all should it?

Anoush,

I don't doubt you are following plusnet processes to the best of your ability (no personal detraction intended whatsoever) but I have some severe doubts after observing the actual (lack of) flow and resolution that come from plusnets' own processes.

I do have no doubts whatsoever that these more extended issues, especially those affecting peoples credit ratings and ongoing unresolved failures of basic porting/connection need proper formalisation to 'focus the attention' of plusnet toward any sort of reasonable resolution.

Show us ONE just ONE real, defined benefit for the British public from Brexit

Brexit Promised cake .... But just delivers a stream of Cack
... and expects us all to just swallow it
Brexit - Built from Bovine Manure by Bots
Frustrated1byPN
Dabbler

For anyone reading this and considering joining Plusnet, I just thought I would provide a final update:

• I exchanged a series of private messages with Anoush - very polite and professional, and seemingly with a good connection to the Operations team, but ultimately powerless to get the number ported. The conclusion from these messages was that I would have to simply wait and hope that my number would be saved (and that there was nothing anyone at Plusnet could do in addition to what was apparently being done).
  • I got frustrated by this and so I wrote to the CEO to complain on Sunday morning just gone (27th October).
  • I was called by someone "from the CEO's team" extremely quickly - by Sunday afternoon.
  • I was advised to contact my previous provider with a couple of questions (essentially to ask whether they had in fact ported the number, and to provide more evidence - which I had already provided to Plusnet, in written form, about 2 weeks ago - that my number had been disconnected with them).
  • My contact from the CEO's team relayed this information to the Operations team.
  • The Operations team, to my understanding, then discovered that their system had wrongly labelled it a failed port instead of pending and so they just carried it out manually again, and within one day of that realisation my number was finally restored.

This has been the most frustrating customer service experience of my life, without a doubt. The woman from the CEO's team was very professional and worked extremely quickly to resolve my issue, but it was also very frustrating to know that this issue could have been solved at the very beginning of the process. Instead, I have had to make countless calls to Plusnet's CSAs - wasting their time and my own - and to wait 39 days for something that should happen automatically within one working day. If I had never got in touch with the CEO directly, I believe this would never have been resolved. I am relieved, however, to still have the mobile number that I have been using my entire life!

Plusnet has offered me some compensation for the inconvenience, but I wanted to provide a final update so that anyone reading this can decide for themselves whether it's worth joining Plusnet...

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for getting back to us @Frustrated1byPN 

I'm happy to see that we were able to complete the port in the end and thanks for posting what fixed it. I'm going to bear this in mind in future as this would've been something I could've tried. 

I do sincerely apologise again for the experience you've had, this absolutely wasn't what we'd want for anyone.

If there's anything else you'd need help with (Which I'd hope not as that should mean everything is working OK) please do feel free to let us know.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet