Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Worst Mobile Provider ?

MrsIssott

Worst Mobile Provider ?

Bought a PlusNet Sim on the 26th June,

Firstly the Port did not work successfully

Noticed that the data also did not work assumed it was the port, but even after the port worked still no data. same PDP authentication error.

Phoned up went through resetting the phone, resetting the network, trying to access an APN setting that does not exist on the Iphone 6+ :(, even though we told them it was an iphone 6+, ) trying the SIM in a different phone did not work, trying a non Plusnet SIM in the phone (surprise) worked.  

Eventually sent a new SIM, have to phone again to authorised, installed it still (lack of surprise) no data

Okay only paying £9 a month, not a lot but it is if your not getting any data which you paying for

The Annoying thing...

1)  Customer Service insisting we follow some recording of 3 incidents, - IT HAS NEVER WORKED - what is the point of this ( script reading computer says NO attitude of from decades ago) 

2) A simple 2 minute google, shows this to be an on-going issue with Plusnet, the Sending out the SIM never works and its something they never have got to the root problem, this forum is littered with complaints about it.

3) Disappointed - this data has never worked since we started, I need it for my job and keeping in touch with my children I  just want to cancel move to a competent provide and never have anything to do with PlusNet, again, but no customer services cannot do that we need to speak to sales who are are only available during office hours. (fuming)

AVOID THIS SHAMBLES AT ALL COSTS

3 REPLIES 3
MichaelWilliams
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 15

Re: Worst Mobile Provider ?

Sorry to hear you've had such a rocky start with us, MrsIssott

To clear up a few points:

• Our asking you to collect examples of the data not working is so our engineers can look at the live information at a network level, see what's going on with the routing of data packets, and implement a fix. We would need this information to begin an investigation, regardless of whether or not the data has ever worked.
  • A new SIM has been known to work in the past, and I've personally overseen plenty of cases where this resolves the issue. It's worth bearing in mind that these customers would not go on to post online as their issue was resolved.
  • If you'd like to leave, our Cancellations team are available from 8am until 8pm.

I'd love the chance to help get this issue resolved, or act as a point of contact, but we would need to take these examples from you to send along to the engineers. Please let me know if you have any further questions!

MrsIssott

Okay my wife asked me to respond to this - having worked in IT and Telecoms for over 30 years including many mobile providers

• "Our asking you to collect examples of the data not working is so our engineers can look at the live information at a network level, see what's going on with the routing of data packets, and implement a fix. We would need this information to begin an investigation, regardless of whether or not the data has ever worked." 
  • If a new error on a system that previously worked or intermittent error this information would be useful to complete root cause analysis (RCA) - standard process for all network engineers. If the system has never worked no this is absolute TOSH this process has no value at all. The only reason it for it to be asked is as it's part of a standard call centre script
  • A new SIM has been known to work in the past, and I've personally overseen plenty of cases where this resolves the issue. It's worth bearing in mind that these customers would not go on to post online as their issue was resolved.
  • It is also worth bearing in mind that the failure rate for "New" SIMs is not non existence but it is incredibly small, and for a new SIM to fail, it normally will not work at all but not to work on a single service and work for others  - i.e. work for calls, text but not allow update of courier service is infinitesimally small, unless Plusnets SIMs are inferior to industry standard. Network failure to update Courier Services - the choice of sending a new SIM or the looking at the  network config / account error - very poor call - those call centre scripts need a serious review
  • If you'd like to leave, our Cancellations team are available from 8am until 8pm.
  • Done,
  • my wife would have stayed and worked through the problem if it had not been for the Customer Services attitude received when calling the 8 times on the phone and the incessant waiting - 4 1/2 hours in total. In the 32 Years I have worked in the industry I have seen this over and over again, selling low to get volume then not building the Customer Service infrastructure to support it, the "we'll do you proud" motto must be a bit embarrasing Smiley

I'd love the chance to help get this issue resolved, or act as a point of contact, but we would need to take these examples from you to send along to the engineers. Please let me know if you have any further questions!

MichaelWilliams
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 15

I'm only passing on the details of our troubleshooting process, MrsIssott.

I can understand that the process of collecting three examples could be a frustrating one, however this is what we send to our engineers and the request will be rejected without these examples. It's not simply a case of a "script" - without the examples the request will simply be passed back to us with an instruction to collect examples of the fault.

I can't speak to 'industry standards' or anything of the sort but I can only let you know that I've personally seen many issues where only one service isn't working and a new SIM fixes the problem.