cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi calling

CoolerKing
Grafter

WiFi calling

Not sure where to put this topic. Perhaps a mod could move it for me. I need to know whether I can use wi-fi calling on PLUSNET as my EE connection is virtually no existent at home. What is the 100% correct answer to date? To add... Is it offered when upgrading to full fibre?
50 REPLIES 50
Baldrick1
Fixes: 419

Re: WiFi calling

@CoolerKing 

Currently Plusnet do not provide WiFi calling.

There is no connection between the Plusnet mobile and 'landline' (be the line copper ot fibre) services. They are separate accounts.

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Broadband to Mobile

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 255

As the PN mobile service runs on the EE network, you would see no change - IF PN offered Wi-FI calling, which they don't, on any BB package, as they are two different products.

John
RobPN
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 13

@CoolerKing wrote:
Not sure where to put this topic. Perhaps a mod could move it for me. I need to know whether I can use wi-fi calling on PLUSNET as my EE connection is virtually no existent at home. What is the 100% correct answer to date? To add... Is it offered when upgrading to full fibre?

@CoolerKing 

It's not clear to me what your question is, but if your EE Mobile account offers WiFi calling as a feature it will work on a PlusNet Internet connection, be that Broadband (DSL) or FTTP (full fibre), providing your phone itself is also capable.

CoolerKing
Grafter

I have a mobile EE account and a PLUSNET account. EE is worse than poor for years and they advise using WiFi calling which I have enabled but still can't make calls.
Baldrick1
Fixes: 419

@CoolerKing 

@RobPN  makes an excellent point. To expand on it, if your phone is WiFi calling capable then you can use WiFi calling on your EE account.

Plusnet mobile piggy backs on the EE mobile service with a restricted range of frequency bands, hence it is a budget service (both EE and Plusnet are owned by BT). If you can't use WiFi calling on EE mobile then it would not work on Plusnet mobile, regardless of whether Plusnet were to offer the service.

Have you got your phone connected to your Plusnet router by looking at your phone's available wireless network settings and selecting the Plusnet SSID?

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

CoolerKing
Grafter

I don't have PLUSNET mobile.
I have a PLUSNET internet account using a router and WiFi.
I have an EE mobile account for my phone.
EE tell me I can use WiFi calling be excused of their poor or often non existent service.
I have WiFi calling enabled on my mobile phone but it doesn't work.
All I need to know is: Does PLUSNET as my ISP support WiFi calling.
jab1
Legend

If you have Wi-Fi calling enabled on the phone you should be able to use it - Plusnet doesn't need to 'support it'.

John
CoolerKing
Grafter

I've been trawling through internet trying to find answers as to why my WiFi calling doesn't work and getting different answers. Many of which talk of ISPs supporting WiFi calling and some say PLUSNET does not support it. I thought I'd try here but it seems to be even more confusing. I've set up my phone for WiFi calling and it's not working.
jab1
Legend

I think you will find the 'Plusnet doesn't support Wi-Fi calling' is in reference to those using Plusnet mobile.

You need to talk to EE, as it is they who are providing your mobile service.

John
CoolerKing
Grafter

Yes, they are, but when their service is poor or down, calls are diverted to WiFi through internet service provider. But this isn't happening.
Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

Which mobile phone are you using, how old is it, and did you get it from EE?

jab1
Legend

Then there is something wrong either on your phone or with their service - the diversion is via your phone to whichever connection you are logged into. I'm actually with Zen, but if my '3' signal is bad, provided I am connected to a network, Wi-Fi calling is enabled. I have been connected to my ISP/a BT/TalkTalk/Virgin connection with no issue.

John
CoolerKing
Grafter

Pixel 4a and yes.. from EE.
Have been with EE for a long time using different phones
jab1
Legend

Stupid question - is your phone connected to your PN Hub?

John