Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi Calling and VoLTE current status

FIXED
yorkshirekev
Dabbler

WiFi Calling and VoLTE current status

Hi

I’ve been a Plusnet customer for over 20 years (do I get a prize? Wink ) and am very happy with my broadband & phone service, but I’m now looking to start a mobile contract, and I need to raise this old chestnut.

From reading the posts, the argument has always been that PN are an MVNO and PN are cheap, but I see that Smarty are a cheap MVNO on the EE network and they now provide WiFi calling and VoLTE. In the 21st century, and being in the industry, I do consider WiFi Calling to be an essential feature that ought to be standard, and Smarty have taken that bull by the horns at exactly the same price point as Plusnet’s “mates’ rates”.

My preference is to stay with PN but I *need* WiFi Calling, so please could someone in Support confirm if it’s now on the Service Path following Smarty’s standard offering?

I’ll be honest, this is going to be the determining factor, and I don’t think PN can use the “cheap & cheerful” argument any more.

TIA
Tags (2)
2 REPLIES 2
Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

Re: WiFi Calling and VoLTE current status

Fix

With Smarty being owned by Three what makes you think they would use EE?

yorkshirekev
Dabbler

Re: WiFi Calling and VoLTE current status

Apology, I don’t know why but I was sure it was on EE but I’ve just seen it’s 3 - lots going on at the moment Sad That closes that one - I need the Highland and Islands coverage of EE, but I might have to go Smarty for the WiFi calling and use a 12 month EE SIM as a backup where coverage is flaky. I still think PN needs to re-evaluate it’s position now in light of Smarty bringing high end services to a low price point.