cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's going on?

Ellie99

What's going on?

I just moved to Plusnet last Thursday. 

In the early hours of Friday when I was fast asleep,  (03.55) a text was apparently sent from my mobile to a number I don't recognise.  07520 601009.
Google tells me this is a dangerous number.  How can this happen pls, and more importantly what can I do about it?

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
Overscore
Rising Star

Re: What's going on?

Rogue 'app' on your phone?

Hello,

I wonder if you have  recently installed a new 'app' on your phone. Or even one from a while back?

Possibly you need to check what permissions you may have granted it/them?

Some 'apps' ask for permission to read your contacts list, have full network access, make calls and send text without notifying you and more besides.

It varies how you do this on your phone, but generally if you got to 'settings', then 'apps' you should be able to see to each one and what permissions it has, and maybe inhibit those that you deem dangerous.

I expect there are other possibility for how this can happen to, but it is worrying and I hope you find the answer quickly.

You've probably seen this page:

https://who-called.co.uk/Number/07520601009

Ellie99

Thanks Overscore.
I've already checked permissions and recognise those listed. I've also checked running services but again don't see anything untoward there either.
Yes, the link u posted is the one I also found and the dangerous flag is what concerns me.

I don't particularly want to reset my phone but will if I have to.  In the meantime I shall be checking my sent texts and my calls list daily!

Thanks again

Ellie

Overscore
Rising Star

You're welcome. Perhaps someone else has other ideas here. Hope you get a fix anyway.