cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferring Number?

Drago

Transferring Number?

I have my PAC code, so do I do this after I have my Plusnet sim or before. if so who do I call?Huh

11 REPLIES 11
RJM
Rising Star

Re: Transferring Number?

You will have to wait for your new "sim" to arrive and then contact Plusnet - the instructions will be supplied within the pack.

Normally, "porting" takes 24hrs to 48hrs.

SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

Also most PAC's have a life span of 30 days so you may need to get another one if you don't get your Plusnet Mobile SIM in time.

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
sjwk
Hooked

Does anyone know whether you can transfer a number already on EE?  I know in the past, you couldn't transfer a number from one network provider onto the same network provider and the usual workaround was to transfer the number onto a temporary PAYG SIM on a different network then transfer out again a few days later.  Since EE provide the service for plusnet, is it all on one network provider as far as the systems are concerned, or are they considered different entities?

(Or does that limitation no longer exist at all?)

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, 

You'd just need to give plusnet mobile a call on 0800 079 1133 or 500 from the SIM, once it's activated to provide us with the PAC and the number you want to bring over. This process can take up to 2 working days. 

Just a bit of advice, you'll know the SIM is active when you receive your Welcome E-mail. Smiley 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @sjwk

We do use the EE network, but still work as a separate entity, so porting over to us from EE won't be an issue. It would just be the normal process you'd need to follow, grab a PAC from the previous provider, give us a call once your new SIM is active, we'll take the PAC and the number you want to keep and then up to 2 working days later it will be all done! Smiley 

PaulB-G
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 3

In the instructions you receive there's an alternative SMS service you can use to port your number across (an industry first service).  Look on the back of the instructions and it will tell you to SMS the word PORT to a number.  If you do this once the SIM is active it will then ask you to confirm the number you want to port and also your PAC code. This should save you having to call PlusNet. Happy Porting!

Paul
 Plusnet Staff
rosspointon

Is this automated service working? I've texted PORT 6 times now and not heard back. I'd only carried on to 6 times as it was the weekend and I wasn't sure if it was a manual process or automatic so I tried every 12 hours or so.

HangTen
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

I tried the text PORT method - sent Friday afternoon, no response by yesterday morning; so I gave up on it and phoned 500 - easy couple of minutes on the phone to initiate the process, which should be completed within two days.

PaulB-G
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 3

I've passed your feedback onto the relevant Project team to log and investigate. This worked ok for me yesterday on a family members SIM and a few of my colleagues have experienced it working fine.  Please make sure your SIM has activated first.  By all means follow the advice above and call us in the meantime if it's not working for you. 

Paul
 Plusnet Staff
rosspointon

I'll give it a few more hours then call in. As far as I can tell it's activated, it lets me make calls & use data at least, but I've not received a username & password for plus net mobile so maybe it's not fully activated yet or something.

japiewie
Dabbler

I ported three phones, one with SMS, one with a call with with SMS and then a call. This may be / have been a capacity issue, certainly when plusnet mobile was just launched.... But the people up north (that depends where you live) are friendly enough and although they may have a derbyshirish /yorkshirish  accent, they answer quickly, no 'being on hold' for ages and you can understand what they are saying, unlike some mobile operators.... (no names....)