cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart Cap Exceeded

Delsie

Smart Cap Exceeded

I have a smart cap of £5. I landed in Barbados yesterday and I switched mobile data on to be able to send a WhatsApp. Immediately I got the message to say I had reached my limit, but having checked today I can see I have £15 being added to my next bill from that one message. How does that happen, what’s the point of a smart cap if it allows you to exceed it?
4 REPLIES 4
Baldrick1
Fixes: 417

Re: Smart Cap Exceeded

@Delsie 

I believe that your bill will be discounted so that you are only charged the smart cap limit. However, be aware that using data in Barbados will cost you £6 per MB. Just your phone booting up will cost a small fortune.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Delsie

@Baldrick1 

Thank you, I will wait to see what happens at my next bill.

Regards 

Adele

corringham
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 16

The charges for exceeding your smart cap are very confusing. At the end of the day you should only be charged your smart cap amount - the amounts shown on-line are usually more than that.

I discovered this when my wife visited New York earlier in the year, and ran up 933MB of data at £6 per MB (> £5000) just by switching her phone on (receiving various push messages). Fortunately the smart cap was only £5, so that was all we were charged.

Delsie

Wow thank goodness for the smart cap! That’s good to hear the smart cap is the max we will be charged, thank you