cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Short SMS numbers still not supported - Now critical

AndyMcPandyface
Hooked

Short SMS numbers still not supported - Now critical

I realise this has been the case for some time,  but it is now a critical issue for me because all of my online banking now requires SMS for 2FA and use short numbers which Plusnet doesn't support.

I already reached out to support on Twitter and they told me there were "no updates" on the issue.

It's not convenient to change my bank and all my credit card companies, so I guess if it doesn't get resolved quickly I'm going to have to change networks.  I can't be wasting 20 minutes phoning my banking company every time I want to make a payment.

Image showing the issue attached. For reference, 85099 is BarclayCard

3 REPLIES 3
idonno
Champion
Fixes: 6

Re: Short SMS numbers still not supported - Now critical

@AndyMcPandyface wrote:It's not convenient to change my bank and all my credit card companies, so I guess if it doesn't get resolved quickly I'm going to have to change networks.  I can't be wasting 20 minutes phoning my banking company every time I want to make a payment.

And why should you change banks etc? And it will get worse as banks etc are moving to mobiles (if possible) for authorisation in lots of ways. Maybe PN don't want the biz.

Ever helpful. Grin Sure, I’d love to help you out. Now which way did you come in?
RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Hi @AndyMcPandyface

Thanks for highlighting this - I do appreciate that it's frustrating.

We are in the process of adding more short code compatibility (starting with the British Transport Police and the Crisis support service soon). Whether this evolves to cover the scope that you've requested isn't something that I currently have visibility of, so I'm unable to provide any set timescales or plans that would alleviate your banking woes right now, I'm afraid.

For want of a more in-depth response, I can only advise that we'll update you with further information or road maps as soon as we have them.

I'm sorry that I couldn't provide you with anything more concrete at this stage.

Best wishes

Dave

Marksfish
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 4

Only option if you want sms short codes is to change to a provider that does allow usage. I think you will be waiting forever for PN to do so Sad