cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roaming in Greece not working

berktrapdoor

Roaming in Greece not working

Hi there,

Just landed in Greece, and my phone has connected to a local network showing 4G with a strong signal, but it's saying it's not connected to the internet as there's a "x" by the signal.

Have tried rebooting, and setting up a new APN, and rebooting again etc, but nothing seems to be working. I'm on a Roam Like At Home plan, and so smart cap not an issue. My phone isn't in flight mode, and roaming is selected etc, so wondering what's wrong please?

Saw on the forum other users having similar issues, so hoping there is a fix?

Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5
willcutforth
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 99

Re: Roaming in Greece not working

Hey there @berktrapdoor and welcome to the forum. Just to make sure that evertyhing has been done to resolve it from your side, here are the normal checks we ask. 

Turn air plane mode on and off; you can find this easily within the settings of your handset.
Reboot the handset. (you do so by turning the handset off, taking the SIM out, putting the SIM back in and turning the handset back on)
Ensure all updates are complete (this includes both handset updates and carrier settings)
Try the SIM in a different phone. If you're unable to do this then please try a different SIM in your phone.
Manually connect to the network

If none of it fixes it then please send me a PM with your mobile number and full name.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Will Cutforth
 Plusnet Help Team
berktrapdoor

Hi Will,

Sent you a PM yesterday, as steps didn't change anything, so please let me know if you need anything further.

Many thanks.

willcutforth
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Sorry Dan, been super busy recently! Just so I can check everything for you I just need to go through security! Please can you send me;

- Characters 8 and 10 from your Childhood Hero
-The last 2 digits of the bank account number and the last 2 digits of the sort code that paid the bill.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Will Cutforth
 Plusnet Help Team
berktrapdoor

Hi Will,

No worries, I'm back in the UK, so it's no longer an issue. Concerned it might happen again though, so maybe Plusnet could look into the wider issue?

Thanks,

Dan

willcutforth
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hey there Dan,

Sorry about the delay in getting back to you again! It's happened to a few people recently so I will definitely raise it! Sorry again for this.

Will Cutforth
 Plusnet Help Team