cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roaming in California, USA

ACal

Roaming in California, USA

Data roaming is on. Automatically find a network is on. Mobile data is on. AT&T registers in the top left hand corner of the screen. I cannot send texts or make calls. Bizarrely I can receive texts. What's going on? On this plan and phone I used data roaming in France ok last year.
5 REPLIES 5
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 383

Re: Roaming in California, USA

Roaming in the USA  is VERY expensive, data is £6/MB !!!

You've almost certainly hit your Smart cap almost as soon as you turned the phone on.

Receiving texts is free, so that would explain why you can still receive those, but everything else costs and so will be disabled by the Smart cap

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

ACal

Hi MisterW. Thx for replying quickly. I increased my Smart cap to £40 before I came and I have 100% of that still left according to the Plusnet App. £6 is rather rich but do need to communicate via whatsapp/texts.
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

There may well be a time lag before the account updates

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

ACal

I updated the Smartcap a week ago and flew in on Friday. How do I contact someone at Plusnet? Reading up it looks like my only choice is to resort to Twitter.
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

If the phone won't let you call 500 then yes, its twitter or here. I don't think there's much social team cover on either at he w/e though...