Did you mean: 

Restriction of Service

FIXED
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: RESTRICTION OF SERVICE

I'm sorry to say but regarding the payment I've nothing further to add that I haven't done so via PM. Regarding your credit rating as per the e-mail you've received we're aware of this and we're sorting this out as soon as we possibly can.

If you feel that my response is still unsatisfactory can you advise the best time frame for me to call to discuss this?

Thanks.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
RobC
Pro
Fixes: 3

So all other reliability, connection and simple failure to be able to send or receive calls and texts aside, which are the 'normal' plusnet experience,

For at least 6 weeks, if not longer, Plusnet have been inflicting on customers (via unaddressed Plusnet system issues) :

* Actual double monthly charges

- which they then try to make customers jump through hoops like sending copies of an entire unredacted months bank statements - before they will consider refunding

AND

* Failing to claim DD's. then effectively blaming the customer and restricting the customers service and affecting the customers credit ratings.

- requiring customers to ring up to get their services re-connected - and generally not be told that Plusnet will have affected the customers credit ratings

... then after telling customers that they will 'just' take two payments next month

- repeatedly restricting (+affecting credit rating?) - requiring customers to ring up again and again ... ad nauseum

... including suggesting that customers pay online (which some apparently have - without resolving the issue - in fact I've seen reports that the credit is not shown on the account)

... presumably leaving the customer to try and get the double payment next month back of Plusnet - presumably including  a requirement for 2 months unredacted bank statements?

Does that about cover it?

At 6 weeks and these serious issues - I wouldn't be calling the ombudsman

This requires both the Telecoms and Financial regulators attention.

Show us ONE just ONE real, defined benefit for the British public from Brexit

Brexit Promised cake .... But just delivers a stream of Cack
... and expects us all to just swallow it
Brexit - Built from Bovine Manure by Bots
netx
Dabbler

RobC,

"  * Failing to claim DD's. then effectively blaming the customer and restricting the customers service and affecting the customers credit ratings.

- requiring customers to ring up to get their services re-connected - and generally not be told that Plusnet will have affected the customers credit ratings

... then after telling customers that they will 'just' take two payments next month

- repeatedly restricting (+affecting credit rating?) - requiring customers to ring up again and again ... ad nauseum

... including suggesting that customers pay online .. "

That's pretty much my experience.

I had an email on 13 March apologising and telling me they'd had some "issues" and would take two payments next time. However, turns out they tried to take a payment today and then it was suggested in a PM I might like to pay it on-line.

Nobody seems to know what they are doing.

As you point out, Plusnet seem to be expecting their customers to sort out a mess of Plusnet's making. Good luck to them.

I've given Plusnet until Friday to sort this out -  it's not up to me to sort it out for them - and then I shall pass it on to somebody who can get it resolved. I shall be looking for appropriate compensation as well.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks again for your time on the phone @netx. As discussed I believe the billing of your account should be resolved moving forward and I've e-mailed you following our conversation. Apologies again for the inconvenience this had caused.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
RobC
Pro

The official path for individual issue resolution is through the ombudsman/CISAS schemes

OFCOM do not investigate individual complaints

BUT

anyone wishing to raise their failed billing and restriction, or double billing due to these ongoing Plusnet system issues with OFCOM

Use the OFCOM monitoring link in my sig (thats as far as you can jump in), navigate in to the online report form,

and you can use a Heading of Plusnet Billing System Issues OFCOM REF: 00688755

OFCOM do not address individual issues, but DO compile information and address widespread 'issues' with Companies - as Plusnet already knows.

netx
Dabbler

I have just started a complaint against Plusnet on Resolver and there is a message on the Resolver site stating;

"A note about Plusnet:

Please be aware that in our experience Plusnet have a poor record of responding effectively to customer service complaints".

You can say that again.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi @netx

I'm sorry to see you're still not happy.

Further to our conversation, is there anything else I can do to resolve your complaint?

Happy to call you back again if you're free?

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
netx
Dabbler

I was called by a Plusnet employee on Tuesday afternoon.

He said that "as a gesture of goodwil"l he would make a credit to my Plusnet account equal to the amount they were having problems collecting (and which they had previously told me would be collected on 26 March - twice verbally and once in an email).

He followed that up with a confirmation email.

Despite what I was told only two days ago this morning I have received another two emails from Plusnet telling me, "We've received the news that your Plusnet Mobile Direct Debit has been cancelled. Because of this we've restricted your service to only allow usage of your plan allowance of minutes/texts/data".

As I've stated in my very first post, I have not cancelled my Direct Debit, it was set up last August and is still active.

I was told on 28 February and 1 March that Plusnet are aware of this "system error" and that I need do nothing as they will collect two months payment on 26 March.

On 13 March Plusnet sent me an email saying the same thing and on Tuesday I received a telephone call and an email telling me that my account would be cleared by Plusnet making a credit to it.

None of this appears to have been true.

All going in my Resolver complaint. I shall be looking for more than just a credit to my account.

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Hi there @netx,

I am truly sorry for the experience you have had with us and I apologise for the inconvenience caused.

I can see you have since spoken with our Customer Support team and this is now cleared up.

Do let us know if there is anything else we can help you with.

Thank you.

RobC
Pro

@Mads wrote:

Hi there @netx,

I can see you have since spoken with our Customer Support team and this is now cleared up.

@netx 

Is this actually 'cleared up' as @Mads states?