cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with Plusnet Mobile phone

DaveMc

Problems with Plusnet Mobile phone

Well Plusnet don't seem to be doing anyone proud with the Fiasco that is their Mobile Phone service. 8 days and old number still not ported is totally unacceptable. Looks like they've shut off Web chat and the only way to contact them is by Phone which takes about 30 minutes, if you don't get cut off in the meantime. I realise they are new to the Mobile game, but when things go wrong like old number not being ported or taking a long time to port for whatever reason. Support just repeating the same excuse over and over again doesn't do anything to sort the issue. Particularly when the excuse doesn't hold water. Might win awards for broadband customer service but I doubt if they'll win any awards for Mobile Phone or Mobile Phone customer service.

5 REPLIES 5
SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

Re: Problems with Plusnet Mobile phone

@DaveMc

But the mobile section isn't new at all. It is just a rebrand of a company owned by EE ( another BT owned company like Plusnet) previously called Life Mobile. Now it has been moved to the Plusnet wing of the BT Group and renamed.

So I see no excuses for shoddy service at all.

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
drj
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

@DaveMc wrote:

Looks like they've shut off Web chat ...

That's not correct in my case - I used Live Chat to cancel my SIM service on Tuesday evening - no problems at all.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @DaveMc

I'm sorry to hear you've been experiencing some delays in your port completing, rest assured we're doing all we can to have this resolved for you. 

We completely understand the frustration in this situation, and the inconvenience it must be causing you, however it's been raised to our network team as a high priority to have this fixed.

Our customer live chat should have been available for you until 10pm when all our lines close, this hadn't been closed early, so may have been an error. If this happens in the future try refreshing the web page or even send one our staff and private message on here, and they'd be able to pick this up. 

DaveMc

I found that by going through the standard contact us route on a number of occasions the Web chat was not an active option. Also when clicking on the Check service status link on the help and support page gave an error that the page was not redirecting correctly. I did manage to access the web chat by logging in and eventually found a link to webchat that was active. I now do have my number ported

Anonymous
Not applicable

Glad you could get through to us and have now ported your number. I will feed back this issues with the website to the relevant teams, to be looked into.