cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting problem - please help

manpareek

Porting problem - please help

Hi all,

I am after some advice. I recently moved over from Tesco mobile to plus net. I requested a number port on 7/9/17 which was confirmed on 8/9/17. I was told that this would take one day.

On the day of the port transfer my Tesco sim stopped working but the number port did not go through. I waited and then complained and was told that Tesco had not released some files and that the operations team were still looking into this.

Fast forward to today and I am still waiting for the port. I am unsure where the issue is. Tesco tell me that from their end everything is done and my account is closed. Plusnet seem to dispute this yet I am unable to directly speak to the operations team. The complaints team have regularly emailed but there is no progress.

Does anyone have any advice about this? I am really frustrated as I do not have access to my old number and there seems to be no end to this. I thought mobile companies were supposed to port within 5 days.

Any advice would be great.

Thanks.
2 REPLIES 2
szaman81
Grafter

Re: Porting problem - please help

I have a feeling your number is floating around in cyberspace.

OliGaffney
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 7

Re: Porting problem - please help

Hi @manpareek!

Thanks for getting in touch!

I completely understand the frustration and inconvenience the delay with your number port may have caused you, and I'm sorry to hear it is not yet completed.

We would expect a number port to complete within 1-2 working days, however in rare circumstances the port can become 'stuck', which causes a delay in the number transfer.

From what you have advised, your query is now with our Complaints Team; rest assured, they'll be working hard to liaise with the Operations Team to get this up and running for you as soon as possible.

As they're handling your case, I would advise that you continue to contact the Complaints Team directly for an update, if they do not provide you with one in the mean time.

If there is anything else I can help you with, please feel free to send me a private message and I'll be sure to pick it up!

-Oli