cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet does not support short 5 digit sms numbers!!

james4

Plusnet does not support short 5 digit sms numbers!!

This is ridiculous and unacceptable in 2017. I *need* this functionality to respond to my bank among other service providers. Please rethink your policy on this quickly or I shall be moving to a provider that does. I can put up with the lack of visual voicemail but this is taking your implementation of the "nanny state" too far.

Regards,

James

3 REPLIES 3
MarcJohnson
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Re: Plusnet does not support short 5 digit sms numbers!!

Good morning james4!

We currently don't support this feature for business reasons, but it is under review for future development following a great deal of interest from our customers, which is why we appreciate your feedback so much. If we do decide to subscribe to short-code SMS services from EE, then we would announce this on our website and in these forums in the future. Smiley

quelquod
Pro
Fixes: 1

What on earth is the point of this reply Marcjohnson? We know you don't support it and we can assume that if you ever do that you'll announce it. As the OP has pointed out its pretty well the only way to respond to some organisations so not supporting it leaves PN somewhere in the backwaters of mobile technology. I wonder if any of the many requested features under review will ever see the light of day?

Democracy - 3 wolves and a lamb voting about what to have for lunch!
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Sorry if you didn't like Marc's response, I don't see any issue with it though. He's replied to a direct query from a customer advising of the reason we don't utilise these right now and that the requests we've received have been pushed back in to the business for review.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.