cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet Mobile closing down

Sandycitylocal

Plusnet Mobile closing down

Has anyone had any definite date about when Plusnet Mobile is finally finishing. The staff can't give a definite date and the E-mail says in the next few months so just wondered if anyone does know when just so I know when to start looking for a new provider?
15 REPLIES 15
bmc
Hero
Fixes: 51

Re: Plusnet Mobile closing down

@Sandycitylocal 

No date has been set as far as I know. I would image you would get as least 30 days notice.

Nothing to stop you looking now. I changed to GiffGaff.

Are you still on contract or a 30 day account. Not certain about existing contracts but PN will let you leave FOC from a 30 day one so you could move whenever you like.

Brian

Longliner
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 7

Depending on your needs you may get a great deal from 1pmobile, l left Three last year and Penny is excellent

paul_blitz
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

I was offered an EE contract identical to my plusnet mobile one... and as long as I don't want to change it, I still have a great deal. If I want to upgrade, however, then I'll need to pay the normal EE rate.

Sandycitylocal

Hello Brian and thanks for getting back to me. I'm on a 30 day contract with Plusnet so yes I've been told that I can move whenever I want so am just looking round at different networks at the moment including Giff Gaff so doing a lot of checking things out right now.
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 416

@Sandycitylocal  I'd suggest lokking at the comparison sites such as https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/cheap-mobile-finder/sim-only/ 

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Smith7
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 3

I switched to Lebara via a special deal with USwitch 21GB Data U/L U/L 5G if needed  all done online no need to speak to anyone

£3.18 for 3 months then £7.95 they use Vodafone and hopefully no stupid prices increases every March/April

Worth looking at 

Sandycitylocal

Hello Longliner and thanks for getting back to me. Yes I'll look anywhere so I'll take your suggestion and see what 1p mobile offers as well as the others
Sandycitylocal

Hello paul_blitz and thanks for your comment. The offers from EE for leaving Plusnet weren't so good but I suppose a phone call to them might be different and hopefully they'll do for me like they've done for you
Sandycitylocal

Hello MisterW. Cheers for your comment on my post. I'll click on the link you've sent through and see what comes up on the site for other providers. Thanks.
Sandycitylocal

Thanks Smith7 for your comment on my post. Yes I'll have a look at Lebara mobile and see what they offer comparing them with the others
Sool
Dabbler

I was nearly persuaded to move to EE but the prospect of annual price increases commencing from April, and having to pay for EU roaming was a killer.

I wanted to stick with the EE signal, but saw lots of negative reviews about Lebara, which persuaded me to try 1p Mobile's offer of 25GB for £10 per month.

The switchover was straightforward and I experienced no problems whatsoever. I now have a better reception generally, plus WiFi calling, EU roaming, more data than I know what to do with, and no forthcoming price increases.

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 416

I wanted to stick with the EE signal, but saw lots of negative reviews about Lebara

Que? Lebara use the Vodafone network

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Sool
Dabbler

Well spotted and thank you...

I wanted to stick with the EE signal, but saw lots of negative reviews about Lyca Mobile

Sandycitylocal

Hi Sool.
Thanks for commenting on my post. I'm still comparing the other networks at the moment so thanks for the recommendation. Am slowly whittling them down as I wanna be ready when Plusnet Mobile finally closes down. Real shame about it closing down.