cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number Port - When are you going to do it!?!?!?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Number Port - When are you going to do it!?!?!?

Hi @veloman

Sorry to hear you're having these issues. If you send me a Private Message, I can look into getting this resolved for you. 

anton
Hooked

Having had problems with porting in, I now can't port out. Giffgaff say the problem is with Plusnet, Plusnet say their PAC code is valid. Now giffgaff say there is a 'Port in Failure' by Plusnet and their own support desk channels have to deal with it.

Mike2
Hooked

I am now wondering if I have made a serious error in joining their mobile programme, now approaching day three and can't seem to find anything positive on any threads and Plusnet responses seem underwhelming. Has any one had any luck getting compensation as Offcom say it should not take more than a day to transfer, the call centre operator was next to useless and could not give any response he could not even confirm if the process was in place, would not mind the old contract was with EE and they use EE - why so inefficient please Plusnet post something to tell us what is happening!
nadeem73
Dabbler

I wish i'd read the forum before i tired to port my numbers i lost service on old provider this morning and the ports not occurred - looks like my number is i same black hole as everyone else 

I'm disappointed as broadband and phone been very good for me

Mike2
Hooked

To anyone thinking of joining go to Virgin, I swapped my wife's phone and sorted in two hours. I wonder if worth reporting to Offcom, these guys don't seem to care one way or the other, if they did they would respond to the wave of negative brand damage on this forum, this is not petty whining the complaints are consistent and are simply being ignored I don't know anything about complaining to Offcom but rather than just venting here which has zero impact why do we not all write to Offcom to complain.
Mike2
Hooked

Okay Emily you seem to be a lone voice from Plusnet, I have seen another mail of yours advising that compensation will be paid for the delay on transferring the numbers, so how do we claim this?
angieevans49
Hooked

@nadeem73 wrote:

I wish i'd read the forum before i tired to port my numbers i lost service on old provider this morning and the ports not occurred - looks like my number is i same black hole as everyone else 

I'm disappointed as broadband and phone been very good for me

Me too Nadeem! - have read Mike2 re going to Virgin - I have just ported out from them, never had any issues with them, only transferred to P-net because of the 'mates rate' - what a massive mistake!

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Quote fixed.

veloman
Grafter

I'm relieved to report that my number port appears to be finally completed. After requesting port on 10th my old number appeared on my PN SIM on the 16th after receiving a text that my number port would complete soon.  However that was not the end of the story as my old number still remained on my old providers SIM!  I called my old supplier on PN advice and they informed me that I had a split service and that it was PNs fault and responsibility. I was told, and believe, that the old supplier only has to supply the PAC code and the rest is done by the new supplier. The old supplier account is automatically closed as part of the the port process something that clearly did not happen in my case. It appears to have finally closed on the 19th following PMs to Emily on this forum.

anton
Hooked

I had a call from PlusNet earlier this week. They said the same, I had a split port and they would try and sort it asap. If they didn't do it by Friday they will call me and let me know what's happening, Whatever happens they say I will get my number back, but I must port it away from PlusNet. Still leaves me with no one being able to phone or text me on that number for some days, and then some more. I can't believe PlusNet would be so bad at porting a number, and then needing so many days/weeks to resolve it.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Mike2

If you want to claim compensation you would need to either send me a Private Message so I can look into this for you, or call our Customer Service Team on 0800 079 1133. 

Emily 

Colin_Maybe
Pro
Fixes: 8

Since they're all being addressed how can you say they're being ignored? Trying to organise a mass complaint to Ofcom btw is just childish.

Mike2
Hooked

Childish really try telling someone who has not had their phone for two weeks or use the phone for business, you really need to get back on to the forum to see the complaints are not going away I still can't get an answer or estimate when mine is likely to be up and running and if my other provider had not shut it diwn I would be back cap in hand and go back to them. If people don't want to write and complain just vent here and nothing will happen.
nadeem73
Dabbler

@Anonymous 

What is best method to get problem solved - I've spoken to someone on online chat - Should that be sufficient or should i call customer services 

Mike2
Hooked

Waste of time you are one of many you should call and send an email to the CEO as another member did if he gets enough of them he will do something, I wrote a couple of hours ago but don't expect to hear anything straight away but those who have written seem to have been sorted hope that helps
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @nadeem73

If you're having issues with your port talking to any part of our Customer Service Team would be sufficient as if there are any problems they will raise this for you, and make sure everything is being done to have this resolved as quickly as possible.