cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No mobile signal or data for more than 48 hours

JHolmes

No mobile signal or data for more than 48 hours

I have not had any mobile signal or data access for more than 48 hours.
When I rang up technical services I was told pretty much the whole of the uk has an outage for plus net? Is this the case?

This is an awfully long time with out a service than I am paying for. And also not to have any communication from Plusnet for the outage is disgusting.

I know they are eventually merging with EE but this is a weird way to go about it and keep customers.

I have started the process to leave Plusnet and not go to EE.

To be honest this is appalling service and I wonder what the Ombudsman would think about it.
Tags (1)
6 REPLIES 6
JHolmes

Re: No mobile signal or data for more than 48 hours

* 60 hours
Anonymous
Not applicable

@JHolmes  - Previously when you had a mobile signal, were you connected by 3G ?

I'm wondering if EE has 'retired' your local 3G mast ?

See - IspReview : Plan to Switch-Off 3G Mobile Service by 2024 

"operator EE already plans to retire 3G – representing just 2% of their data traffic – by phasing it off their network in time for the end of 2023"

I was on EE for about 28 years, but for the last nine months they kept writing to me, insisting that I needed to replace my trusty 2G/3G handset with a 4G capable phone, because they intended to permanently switch off the 3G service in my area during the summer of 2023, and unless I had a 4G handset and a new 4G SIM then I would no longer be able to get mobile reception.  Well that's all well and good, except that EE don't have ANY coverage of 4G, 5G, or 2G anywhere close to my home, and their customer service couldn't comprehend that them switching off 3G would leave me with NO EE coverage - but insisted I still needed to upgrade to a 4G handset regardless !.  In the end  gave up with EE and took my mobile number to GiffGaff on the O2 network, which at least has reliable 2G connection indoors here, and 4G if I walk about a hundred feet away from my house.

JHolmes

I had 4G and normal mobile signal. Since Thursday I’ve not had anything. Plus I was in Cornwall on Thursday and Friday travelled back to midlands. The whole time I’ve not had any signal. So don’t think it would be my local tower. Plusnet said it was a National wide problem, but doesn’t seem proactive in keeping their customer up to date or to fix the problem.
SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 96

Hiya @JHolmes, I'm really sorry you are experiencing issues with your signal, I know what a hassle it is when it goes down as everything runs off our mobiles now. 

I want to get this look into for you, so I'm sending you a PM now for your details.  

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
JHolmes

Hi @SammyM
I suddenly gotten signal and data. Guessing you’ve been able to resolve my problem for me. Thank you. Out of interest what was the problem?
RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

@JHolmes  I don't think Plusnet did anything to fix it, they have no direct control of their mobile service, so they won't be able to tell you what the problem was.

Anyway at least it's working again.😀