Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile Voicemail Update

Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 108

Mobile Voicemail Update

From 26th November 2019 we’ll be moving to a brand new Voicemail platform for Plusnet Mobile that provides both more security and features.

Whether you currently use voicemail for Plusnet Mobile, or if you’re a new user you’ll need to:

• Set a new PIN code between 5 and 8 digits (Already use voicemail? Your current 4 digit PIN code won’t work, so you’ll now need to change this).

• Record a new personalised welcome message (If you’ve had a welcome message set before you’ll need to re-record this).

How do I check my voicemail and is there a charge for checking it?

To check your messages just call 555 from your mobile, or dial your mobile number.

1. Wait for the call to go through to your voicemail. If it’s the first time you’ve called your voicemail you’ll:
    • Hear a default welcome message. You’ll be asked to record a new personal greeting. You can then switch this to a generic greeting if you want to.
    • Be asked to set a new PIN (between 5 and 8 digits). If you’ve used voicemail before your old 4 digit PIN will no longer work.
  1. If you’ve used your voicemail before just press 555 from your mobile, or dial your mobile number. To access your voicemail messages remotely you’ll be asked to enter your 5-8 digit PIN).

Calling your voicemail from your mobile won't cost anything extra because it's included in your plan. But if you've used all the minutes in your plan, it'll cost 40p a minute.

How many voicemail messages can I save?

From 26th November 2019 our mobile voicemail service will be moved to a new, more secure platform. Our improved service will let you save a maximum of 30 voicemail messages.

If you already have voicemail messages saved (i.e. from before November 2019) the messages will be moved to the new platform.

How can I change my voicemail delay?

It's easy to change how long you'd like calls to your mobile to last before they go to voicemail. You can set it in 5 second increments up to 30 seconds, just by dialling the number below.

**61*+447870020555*11*30#

If you'd like the delay to be shorter, just replace the 30 at the end with 25, 20, 15, 10 or 5.

Jono H
 Plusnet Community Manager
5 REPLIES 5
Fixes: 688

Re: Mobile Voicemail Update

will we also have the ability to turn voicemail on and off without contacting customer services?
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 108

Sadly not,

Jono H
 Plusnet Community Manager
glocal
Grafter

In addition to the greeting message, we could say our name which then other PN subscribers would hear in voicemail messages we left for them. So, instead of something like 'You have a new message from 07123456789', they would hear 'You have a new message from John' ('John' in John's voice). I can't find the option to set that in the new system.

minkishah

I understand the current 4 digit pin code needs to be changes, however how I do change it to 8 digits. When I try to access the voicemail, I just get asked for a pin code

Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 54

Hi there @minkishah,

Thanks for reaching out to us here.

Have you tried entering the current pin and seeing if the service then promotes you to change your pin code?

Thanks.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Maddy S
 Plusnet Help Team