Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrect coverage map info

orby
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Incorrect coverage map info

Plusnet's coverage predictor maps gives out incorrect statement on the 4G services available, it clearly states with 4G You will be able to: Call / Text / Browse etc.....this is simply incorrect. calling cannot be achieved.

I know Pluset 4G VoLTE voice calling is not available but surely Plusnet need to change this incorrect information where new customers will (or should) check before coming to Plusnet, they won't know that when in a 4G coverage area, your phone drops to 3G or 2G for making/receiving voice calls, of which there may not be usable indoor signals, despite 4G existing at that location.

Example below (not my actual postcode)

Capture.JPG

The lack of 4G voice calling and lack of 800MHz on Plusnet really was made apparent on recent trip to Wales where my EE phone had service and wife's Plusnet mobile often did not. I had put off moving her over to EE or another provider as I'd hoped Plusnet would get 4G voice calling sooner rather than later but who knows when!

3 REPLIES 3
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,603

Re: Incorrect coverage map info

Thanks for the feedback!

I've raised a task (ref: DFD-5190) with our Digital team to have a look.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
corringham
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 17

I think 4G VoLTE needs to become available very soon - EE's 3G is due to be withdrawn starting early in 2023, and looks likely to be gone by 2024. 2G will remain for around a decade (it is used by smart meters etc.) but that's not ideal!

orby
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Thanks Gandalf, I can't recall for sure but I thought it didn't used to show 4G and voice calling...can only hope it's an accidental slip for some good news in near future 😎