cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Fair Usage

chrisfoley

Data Fair Usage

I'll be going to the EU for a month and will be using data to stream daily.  I estimate that I'll be streaming 3GB on a daily basis for 30 days, resulting in 90GB of data usage. As PN don't offer an unlimited bundle, I'd look to change my plan to 50GB and utilise 2 sims (50GB on each).  However, I've read about a Data Fair Usage surcharge that MAY be applied for data usage above 15GB, but for the life of me, I can't see the full policy on this.  i.e. why is this only MAY be applied? What conditions apply for it not to be applied?  If applied, how much does it cost to utilise the rest of my data? Seems very opaque and may lead me to leaving PN to go to another provider where I can calculate the cost in advance

2 REPLIES 2
Mav
Fixes: 516

Re: Data Fair Usage

Would it, perhaps, be worth investigating a PAYG SIM with data allowance in your destination country? It may work out cheaper.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 99

Re: Data Fair Usage

Hiya @chrisfoley

It's rare we have to enforce it so I would need to speak with another team. 

When do you leave? 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team