cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to cancel SIM only contract.

fara8181

Unable to cancel SIM only contract.

Can you someone please help me how to cancel my SIM only contract. I'm currently abroad and only way to cancel as far as I understand is to call Plusnet which is not an option. 

Is there any email address I could send email to ask and end my contract. My contract is SIM only and on rolling basis, have had this for years and eligible to cancel with a month notice. 

On separate note: I wish I could keep my number as pay as after ending my contract. 

Really appreciate help on this and many thanks in advance. 

7 REPLIES 7
willcutforth
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 93

Re: Unable to cancel SIM only contract.

If you want to keep your number you just need a PAC code which you can get through a text. 

To keep your number you'll need a Porting Authorisation Code (PAC). Text PAC to 65075. It's free and quick. Around 60 seconds later you'll get your code.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Will Cutforth
 Plusnet Help Team
Baldrick1
Fixes: 413

@willcutforth 

Correct me if I’m wrong but my understanding is that you don’t use a PAC code within a month it expires and if the account has been separately closed will be lost. If the PAC code is used then that will automatically close the account?

If this is the case I would suggest that @fara8181  transfers the account to a pay as you go account. I would recommend Giffgaff. Without paying for a Goody Bag as long as you make one call or use some data every 6 months, the account stays live.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

willcutforth
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

@Baldrick1 Yeah so if they request the PAC and use it within the 30 days, once it has gone through the account automatically closes from there and any credit on the account is refunded or ETC are requested depending on the contract. @fara8181 won't want to close the account, rather grab the PAC and switch to whichever supplier they so wish and give them the PAC.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Will Cutforth
 Plusnet Help Team
fara8181

Thanks all for info provided.

@willcutforth would i be able to text 65075 from abroad?
.i need to find the way to communicate with Plusnet from abroad. There's chat (only virtual ) available nor an email to send.
newagetraveller
Pro
Fixes: 2

I don't know what the procedure is with PN, but with most other providers it's possible to obtain a PAC either in their app. or in one's onine account. There surely is another means of obtaining a PAC other than by text?

Is the below still valid?

"We're sorry to hear you're thinking of leaving.

Yes, you can transfer your Plusnet Mobile service to another provider. You can do this through My Account (opens new tab or window), or by texting, calling or chatting to us.

Before you transfer your service, have you checked if we can give you a better deal? Call us for free on 500 from your Plusnet mobile, or 0800 079 1133 from any other phone."

willcutforth
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

You should be able to but whether we do it or you do it, it still comes through via text so it's up to you. Smiley

Will Cutforth
 Plusnet Help Team
newagetraveller
Pro
Fixes: 2

Via text only, that's a bit restrictive for anyone in the OP's position.

All the other providers I have been with generate a PAC, when requested, in a customer's account and or through their app.. Yes, it is sent by text in addition.