cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't send picture mms but still getting charged for them

CathH

Can't send picture mms but still getting charged for them

Hi, new to the board Smiley

I've made several attempts to send a picture to someone in Canada but each time I get a message saying "message not sent, service not activated on network".

I have tried to configure APN settings (as per another thread on this forum) but it hasn't worked.

Having just checked my account details I see that I have been charged for sending these 5 photographs.

Would greatly appreciate any suggestion for a possible remedy or explanation as I'm baffled on both counts.

Thank you

( Android phone running 8.1.0 ) 

3 REPLIES 3
Baldrick1
Fixes: 420

Re: Can't send picture mms but still getting charged for them

@CathH  Welcome to the forum.

Are these the APN settings that you have used?   https://community.plus.net/t5/Mobile/MMS-cost-and-settings/m-p/1521365#M8423

How big are the photos? This thread might be of interest: https://community.plus.net/t5/Mobile/MMS-Cost/m-p/1525024#M8574

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

CathH

Hi Baldrick1
Yes those are the settings I used trying to figure it out but no luck. The pic was a screenshot 1.6mb .... normally works but not now.
Regards
Cath
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,601

Welcome to our community forums @CathH Smiley

Really odd issue. Happy to take a closer look. Could you drop me a private message with the following details? This information will pass our data protection checks.

+Your mobile number

+Your full name

+Your full address

+Are you the account holder?

+Your date of birth

+Last 2 digits of your bank account number

+Last 2 digits of your bank sort code

When private messaging me, please include a link to this thread as our staff private messages go through a centralised system internally so I might not actually personally message you back. Although just a few of us monitor our Community Forums so there’s a good chance I’ll pick it up.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet