cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't connect to network - SIM suddenly stopped working

embridge

Can't connect to network - SIM suddenly stopped working

Hi

I was connected to the Plusnet network this morning, managed to make calls etc. A few hours later and I noticed my phone was no longer connected. 

It's been several hours now and still nothing. I've tried my SIM card in another phone and it still doesn't work. I tried 'forcing' it onto the network as suggested by others in this forum but it says that the Plusnet network is 'forbidden'.

I need to receive a verification code via text to access an online account ASAP for work. How can I fix my network issues pronto?

Thanks

Emily 

Tags (4)
3 REPLIES 3
willcutforth
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 97

Re: Can't connect to network - SIM suddenly stopped working

Sorry to hear the issues you've had with the network @embridge I will message you via PM to sort this out.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Will Cutforth
 Plusnet Help Team
GHencken

My sim stopped working yesterday - out of the blue a notification appreared on my phone telling me ‘no available sim.
I am away from home in France, will be driving alone back to UK in 10 days so a working phone is even more crucial than usual.
I urgently need help to rectify this.
Thank you
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there, that tends to indicate a hardware rather than a network problem. In other words if there was no signal your phone should still detect the SIM for you. 

The best thing to do if you haven't already is to power your phone off, remove and re-enter the SIM card. 

Let us know how you get on. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team