Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calling mobile customer support from US

FIXED
imnotcominghome
Hooked

Calling mobile customer support from US

I'm currently in the US and need to contact Plusnet mobile support to change my direct debit details.  The 0800 079 1133 and 0300 123 6123 numbers do not work for me even using the +44 prefix.  I've tried from multiple phones, does anyone know of an alternative number I can contact them on?  I've tried email and live chat but keep being directed to the same numbers.

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Bogbody
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

Re: Calling mobile customer support from US

They list

+44 330 123 0170

For home BB from abroad? Maybe they could give you the right number?

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Post released from Spam Filter.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Fix

Thanks for your post @imnotcominghome and welcome to our Community Forums.

I'm sorry to see you're having issues updating your direct debit details while abroad.

I've dropped you a private message, which I hope helps.

Also, while I'm not sure for how long you'll be in America, but I'd be aware of the below in our terms:

14. Using the service abroad

14.1. You may use our service in certain countries outside of the UK. You mustn’t use the service just or mainly in countries outside the UK. If we believe that, over a period of at least 4 months, you’ve been living or are usually based in another Roam Like at Home destination and have mainly used any of our mobile services in Roam Like at Home destinations, we will notify you of this. If within 14 days, you cannot provide any reasonable explanation for this and/or your usage does not change during this time, you may have to pay a surcharge for each mobile service (for example, calls, texts and data) you have been found to be mainly using in another Roam Like at Home destination. Where we apply a surcharge, this will be charged from the point we notified you about your usage, until we believe you are living or based in the UK and mainly using your services in the UK. We will notify you before applying any surcharge. The surcharge is set out in our Mobile Price Guide. For more details, see our Mobile Fair Usage Policy.

Having said that, if you don't use our mobile service/SIM abroad, it should be fine. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
imnotcominghome
Hooked

Thanks Bogbody I got this sorted in the end via a really helpful support person

imnotcominghome
Hooked

Thanks again Anoush, above and beyond!