Did you mean: 

£6 per MB - [-Censored-]!

FIXED
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: £6 per MB - [-Censored-]!

I wouldn't say that's a drawback of how the data-cap is designed, because even without it you'd have that problem. 

An email without attachments is generally under 100KB, so you can receive a fair amount of emails with 6.6MB. 

Personally I would say that the way things are now we're giving people a choice and to be in control of what they want to do. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
corringham
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 16

Re: £6 per MB - [-Censored-]!

Most people use Facebook, Messenger, WhatsApp etc rather than e-mail on smart phones. They constantly handshake so that you get push notifications etc. Each transaction is small(ish), but there are a lot of them - and the user isn't aware they are actually using data.

I get weather updates, news updates, banking transaction updates etc. and I'm pretty sure that they would use the 6.6MB in a day.

But if everyone else is using e-mail apps with a POP3 connection, they may be ok

EDIT: as an experiment I just disabled data, so that my phone was only connected via wifi - I have a fancy router than allows me to see details of traffic per device. I don't use Facebook or Messenger, but I do use WhatsApp,  and get various push notifications as I mentioned, I switched my phone off and on again. It used 9.2MB down and 1.2MB up just rebooting.