cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not great results on an IPv6 test - any ideas?

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Not great results on an IPv6 test - any ideas?

I can get to IPv6 only pages, and see that the community site and www.plus.net have IPv6 and IPv4 addresses, but running the test at http://test-ipv6.com/ gives me this:
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
3 REPLIES 3
dave
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 4

Re: Not great results on an IPv6 test - any ideas?

That's not one of our IPv6 addresses Chris. It should start 2a02:16c8. Looks like you've set up a 6 to 4 tunnel. I didn't really have much chance to look at the settings on the router I gave you so not sure what options you have but it should be able choose DHCPv6. There's some screenshots from my Zyxel config in Bob's thread.
Dave Tomlinson
Enterprise Architect - Network & OSS
Plusnet Technology
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

And now that router has frozen 😕
I'll try factory resetting and giving it another go tomorrow, I think we need to figure out the settings first this time!
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
David_W
Rising Star

I had exactly the same problem when I switched my router config from HE to PN.  Windows continued to see both sets of IPV6 addresses so I disabled IPV6 on Windows then turned it back on so Windows picked up the correct address from my router and dropped the HE one.