cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

10.2.0.B 582n

David_W
Rising Star

10.2.0.B 582n

I've been using the PN branded fimware 10.2.0.B (from a link in the broadband support forum) and so far it's worked pretty good with some advanced options available including generating a QR code for Wi-Fi.
IPV6 works fine on it from what I can tell and hopefully it's fixed the little niggles that were hitting the original supplied firmware.
Here is the link to the post
7 REPLIES 7
prichardson
Grafter

Re: 10.2.0.B 582n

Hi David,
You would mind documenting any of the specific items it has fixed.
I am yet to try the firmware personally, but intend to this weekend.
David_W
Rising Star

No probs, as I go through them I'll write down what I notice.  The first thing I noticed is you can change more than 1 item, on the wireless page on the old one I noticed that if you turned WPS off and changed channel it'd only save 1 setting.
Set up doesn't offer the IPV6 options of the older version, it's just on by default by the looks of it so no need to untick (or ensure it's unticked, can't remember) the option that needed to be unticked.
It doesn't seem to set up a default user though, the old one I'd set it up with my own username (during the set up wizard), this one defaults to Administrator but you can add one manually but as a Power User (which I'm assuming is the same as Administrator)
I haven't noticed sluggishness at all with the router, with serving pages, it may take a second or two to load but there isn't the issue where it would appear to grind to a halt.
It still seems to default to channel 11 on wireless but I can't tell if it'll eventually shut down wireless connections as it takes a while for it to occur, I've turned it on to automatic so will check back later.
Another thing I noticed is the image in the top right (PN Image) it "feels" too big but that's an aesthetic point of view, with the image there the white space at the top just seems odd.
grudkin
Grafter

Hi David!
I have been running the 10.2.0.B firmware since Matt provided me with it!
However I have noticed the router rebooting randomly since I have been using 10.2.0.B, I would be interested to know if you have noticed any increase in your 582n randomly rebooting while using 10.2.0.B?
David_W
Rising Star

Haven't noticed any random rebooting no, my current internet connection has been up for 3 days, 2 hours.  Can't see a way in telnet to check uptime.
grudkin
Grafter

RouterStats 6.7g supports the 582n and reports uptime. Wink
David_W
Rising Star

The only uptime I can see is uptime for the ATM Link (which went down 30 mins ago), it shows 4 resets (of ATM) so yep, doesn't seem like it's rebooting at all for me.  The ATM going down is a problem on my side which is why I can't use my Cisco.
David_W
Rising Star

Playing around I ran the config wizard and instead of using "other" used "PlusNet" which resulted in an error (see attached image).  To verify I ran the wizard again which resulted in the same error message.  Third time I went back to "other" and the issue resolved itself so it suggests an issue when using PlusNet settings (I'm an F9 user but using PN login details for the IPV6 trials just in case that has any bearing on the matter).