cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

thinking of moving to plusnet from BT, but how can i compare prices?

pint
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

thinking of moving to plusnet from BT, but how can i compare prices?

Ive beent rying to find some way of comparing prices like for like between plusnet and Bt for calls, but depsite there being god knows how many price comparison sites, however there doesnt appear to be any way to compare who much BT charge on their unlimited anytime plan Vs how much plusnet charge on their plans.
to top it all Talk talk have recently arrived on my local exchange - november last year (LLU) but plusnet are still charging me full rate as they say im in a market 1 exchange with only BTwholesale .
So do i Stay with BT, because there doesnt appear to be any way to compare the difference with plusnet/BT
switch to plusnet for both phone and ADSL
or jump ship to the much much cheaper talk talk on their LLu platform?
3 REPLIES 3
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Re: thinking of moving to plusnet from BT, but how can i compare prices?

It's a good while since I compared call charges.  All telephone providers must publish their charges but don't expect too much consistency in the way the charges are presented between different providers.  Also bear in mind what is included in call packages varies between providers, another variable is the time of day they apply different charging rates, it's a real minefield.  You need to have a fair idea of how many calls you make, how they break down between different charging rates (STD, Mobile, International, 0844 etc. etc) and when you make your calls.  If you take a previous fully itemised bill you may be able to compare on a call by call basis but it's an incredible amount of work (though many itemised bills do not show all calls).
Plusnet itemise all calls in the online member centre, including non-chargeable ones, so you can see exactly what calls you make and what's charged for each.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Here's a copy of our phone tariff in case that helps: http://www.plus.net/residential/tariffs/homephone.html
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
The_10th
Grafter

Best way to check is to look at the call charges and what any 'deal' gives you. On the sheer number of complaints against Talk Talk it may be worth avoiding them especially as there can be problems moving your phone number from them even though they are meant to. Just be sure to check the fine print such as Sky's anytime calls that don't include 0845 but do include 0870 calls.
I used to be on Market 1 and TT came along and the exchange still showed market 1 for a long time and Plusnet also said the exchange status was Market 1. I don't know how long it takes for any exchange updates to take but it isn't quick that's what I've found.