cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

erm.. confused.

feroluce
Grafter

erm.. confused.

I'm in the process of getting plusnet phone and broadband packages (phone active, broadband processing).
I just got a call from an engineer explaining that there is a problem with the line.
It wasn't accepting calls, it cut off instead of ringing.
I asked him if it could be because I didn't have a phone connected to it yet, he said no and he's coming out tomorrow morning to fix it.
I plugged the phone in and it worked.
I called customer services (on the phone), I thought I could save the guy the trip.
They said they knew nothing about someone coming out...
Could it be because he hasn't logged the job yet?
How do I let him know he can have a lie in tomorrow?
5 REPLIES 5
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: erm.. confused.

have you tried ringing your phone number (from a mobile) and seeing what happens
feroluce
Grafter

Yep, it works fine.
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

I just got a call from an engineer explaining that there is a problem with the line.

That sounds a little odd to me. Normally BT Openreach engineers ( who fix line faults ) wouldn't contact the customer unless there had been a fault reported, in your case by PlusNet. It could just be that someone has got some 'wires crossed' and there is a fault on someone else's line and the engineer's just got the wrong telephone number. I'd be a little wary if someone does turn up ( especially if he's not in a BT Van! ) and make sure you request some ID.
Or am I just being a bit paranoid here ?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

feroluce
Grafter

It certainly piqued my weird radar a bit.
It seemed obvious to me that my phone couldn't possibly ring if it wasn't plugged in.
He said he'd call me in the morning before he gets here (to make sure I'm up), so I'll tell him then.
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

It seemed obvious to me that my phone couldn't possibly ring if it wasn't plugged in.

No, that's not true I'm afraid, your line will ring out even if there is no phone plugged in, we'll at least it should do! if its been properly installed and the Master socket is working correctly.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.