Did you mean: 

Wholesale Line Rental (WLR) price increase

scootie
Grafter

Wholesale Line Rental (WLR) price increase

just read this on thinkbroadband
sry if its all ready bein discussed
http://www.thinkbroadband.com/news/3920-price-rises-and-price-cuts.html
For broadband providers using shared LLU, which is the majority who offer LLU services, the price rises are fairly minimal and can probably be absorbed. For people who've moved their telephone line rental away from BT to firms like Plusnet, Sky, Madasafish, Post Office and others using the Wholesale Line Rental (WLR) product there is a possibility of a 50p per month rise to cover the Openreach price rises.

7 REPLIES 7
coastergrotto
Grafter

Re: Wholesale Line Rental (WLR) price increase

@ASBO DOG:
Thanks for that.   I sincerely hope that Plusnet will not increase their line rental by 50p per month.    Anyone from Plusnet would like to comment?
Mand
Grafter

As with all WLR providers we would be affected by wholesale price increases. We're currently reviewing this internally.
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

This came to light a while back - I commented here - http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,73242.0.html
Much to my annoyance any discussion was curtailed.
As I understand it, the WLR increase is around 30p per month. FYI BT retail have put their line rental up £1 per month from today. TalkTalk/Onetel are puttiing theirs up 76p per month from customers next billing cycles. I haven't bother looking at the others, but a friend has said some may be  going up. There have been other changes made by TalkTalk/Onetel that mirror exactly what BT Retail have done (the word Cartel comes to mind). However one of the changes the CPW group have done puts the price of none inclusive 0845 calls up to National rates - not very clever.
Well I hope PN don't try anything equally stupid and continue to provide value for money - otherwise a move could be on the cards!
coastergrotto
Grafter

@Anotherone:
With all these others you mention passing on the increase who would you move to?
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Quote from: Anotherone
This came to light a while back - I commented here - http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,73242.0.html
Much to my annoyance any discussion was curtailed.
<snip>
Well I hope PN don't try anything equally stupid and continue to provide value for money - otherwise a move could be on the cards!
It wasn't curtailed it was continued here where it was already being discussed when the post was made http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,73228.0.html where this was said
Quote from: Jameseh
Our products are completely separate.
We currently have no plans to increase line rental.
Anotherone
Champion

Jim, I don't want to get into an argument with you about this, the other thread you mention was about BT Retail. I have referred directly to my post about the WLR increase and OFCOM. In that thread you linked to the BT Retail thread which was NOT specific about PN. Raking up James old post is also irrelevant as Mand has clearly stated here in reply #2 that this is being reviewed.
Quote from: Mand
As with all WLR providers we would be affected by wholesale price increases. We're currently reviewing this internally.

I will send you a PM Jim.
Anotherone
Champion

@coastergrotto
I'm afraid it's too early to anwer that one. I think I'd be waiting until the market had settled down a bit, have a moan at OFCOM, see what Martin Lewis's site had to say, other peoples' experience, etc., and then see what best suited my needs, after all PN still might be the best deal for me.
Some choices are difficult to recommend because it depends entirely on your usage pettern, how many and when you make calls and to whom.