cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What does "Dis in network" mean? & some moaning . .

FuchsiaCottage
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

What does "Dis in network" mean? & some moaning . .

Hi, I've just received a reply to my question regarding the fact that my phone line is dead (and reduced internet connection) and have been given the following details:
Fault Type: NDT
Test Results: Dis in network
Fault Ref: TR0000003630312

I suppose 'Dis' means disruption?
It would be helpful if they could have given me the proper details of what tests they've done and what they think the fault actually is . . .
It's infuriating because where I live there is no mobile signal so I rely on the landline.
Our small exchange has less than 500 lines yet the BT vans are repairing things on a daily basis around here. It would be cheaper for them to get the chainsaw to the trees and replace the cables and  rather than keep mending them. I also think it's disgusting that because it's such a small exchange we're classed as market 1, and not LLU and therefore have to pay a higher price for a worse service than people living in towns and cities. That's not right.
We're estimated to get some sort of fibre next year but I'm extremely skeptical because our exchange doesn't have any cabinets. I can almost guarantee they'll put a single cabinet on the road outside the exchange and then proudly inform everyone for miles around here that we're now FTC enabled. Which is what they've done to some other exchanges. So I'll be looking forward to paying even more for so called 'FTC' yet probably get only a 1Mb increase in speed at most.
The joys of loving in the countryside eh?
Ali  Sad
2 REPLIES 2
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: What does "Dis in network" mean? & some moaning . .

I think it means disconnect and that in all probability one of the two wires connecting you to the exchange has broken or a connection has failed
picbits
Rising Star

Re: What does "Dis in network" mean? & some moaning . .