Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to set up call divert

FIXED
IngeJones
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

Unable to set up call divert

I have activated call divert on my account - it shows green in the Home Phone Control Panel

However, when I try to set up call divert using * 21 *, I immediately hear "Sorry, the service requested is not available. Thank you for calling, please hang up". 

Where to go with this please?

5 REPLIES 5
SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 96

Re: Unable to set up call divert

Hiya @IngeJones, 

I'm sorry you are having this issue and I can appreciate what an  frustration this can be. 

When we add it to the line there is no setup needed, does the handset have a built in answer machine?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
IngeJones
Aspiring Pro

No, it's a plain cheap phone.  I was trying to use *21* to divert all calls to my mobile as we don't use the landline phone at all.

SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 96

Fix

Ah ok, I completely misread your post there @IngeJones Sad

Sorry about that, I have fixed this for you and it will be available to setup in 1 working days. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
IngeJones
Aspiring Pro

Thank you, it's working now Smiley

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

@IngeJones wrote:

No, it's a plain cheap phone.  I was trying to use *21* to divert all calls to my mobile as we don't use the landline phone at all.

Just to be sure: are you aware that you will be charged the cost of calls diverted to your mobile?  If you receive such calls and have a call plan, make sure that such calls do not last more than the "free call duration".

If you do not have a call plan, note that calls diverted to a mobile might still incur a charge, even if not answered - some mobile operators initiate "call connected" (and thus chargeable) as soon as the call enters their network.

Callers to your landline number will be charged even if the diverted call is not answered as the diversion is deemed to "answer" the original call.  See https://community.plus.net/t5/Home-Phone/Why-do-we-have-to-pay-for-unanswered-phone-calls/m-p/101141...

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.