Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to change call package

jack21
Grafter

Unable to change call package

@plusnet Support:

Last month I took a Plusnet Offer and changed my broadband package from 80/20 to 40/10 and it successfully completed on 6 Jun. My next step was then to change my call package from Anytime+Mobile Calls to Line Only, but was unable to do so; the website indicated no account changes possible. Calling the Helpdesk (only a 1 minute wait!!), they also could not change my call package, but kindly arranged for the apparent account lock to be removed, and that occured by the following day. But I'm still unable to alter my call package....when I try to do so, I'm not offered a specific  option to change my call package at all.

My plan is to see if I can manage with Line Only, but if I find that limiting, then take a Plusnet Mobile unlimited calls SIM offer.

Could someone at Plusnet arrange for the call package to be changed please.

8 REPLIES 8
SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 96

Re: Unable to change call package

Hiya @jack21

I'm sorry you are experiencing this problem and I can imagine the hassle it is causing. 

We're busier than usual so it is taking longer for us to get back to you guys than I would like, sorry about that. 

I can see you called our team this morning and they sorted this for you, get back in touch if you need any further help Smiley 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
jack21
Grafter

Thanks SammyM; when I phoned in this morning....a mere 2 second wait (reminds me of Plusnet Support when I joined back in 2008 - brilliuant!), Dan investigated and found that I need to wait until the present billing cycle has completed in a week or so, because my recent change to FTTC 40/10 prevented further changes until a new billing cycle begins. Excellent work by Dan, and thanks again for your response too.

SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 96

That is Awesome @jack21, it is always great to hear where my colleagues have provided the service we aim to give as a company Smiley

I have made sure to pass on your comments to him and his manager. Please get back in touch if you need any further help. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
jack21
Grafter

@SammyM     The latest bill was notified on 18 Jun, and I've waited for a few days since then, but I'm still unable to change my call package from Anytime+mobile to Line Only......the option to change call package does not take me anywhere. There may be some connection to a couple of Call Features which for many months have been listed as 'Awaiting Activation' although I appear to have been able to use those features for several months, and which I do want to retain when on Line Only.

Do I need to wait further until Plusnet makes the usual Direct Debit for that 18 Jun bill.....or is there a 'stuck' issue with my call package?

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Good morning. Smiley

Thanks a lot for getting back in touch and I'm really sorry for the ongoing issues here. So I've had a look, and it looks as though we aren't able to change the call plan / features because our workplace system was under the impression that the line was being barred. 

Not entirely sure why to be honest, but I've removed this from the account and have sent a task across to our Billing Ops team to have the component re-activated on our end. 

Once it is, I don't mind popping into the account and getting rid of your call plan for you if you'd like? I've just sent across an SMS to your mobile number on file too if you'd like to have a look. Smiley 

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
jack21
Grafter

Thanks Adam, yes please re you making the alteration.

Just to recap, no change re broadband package, call plan from UK Anytime + Mobile to be changed to Line Only, retain Call Protect and Voicemail.

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

No problem at all, I've popped the account into the personal workflow anyway so throughout the day, I'll be working on getting all open orders (call features) sorted out. Once they are, I'll process the call plan change, which will take effect on your next bill date. Smiley 

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
jack21
Grafter

Thanks Adam, I can see that I'm now on Line Only, and that I was refunded for the unwanted Anytime Package charges for the preceeding month......very grateful for your assistance in sorting out the matter.

I'm now using a VOIP service from SIPGATE for the few outgoing calls that I make, with only incoming calls to my landline, and that setup seems to be working well enough.

All the best,

Jack