cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Support Ticket for Delayed Installation.

caravanj
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Support Ticket for Delayed Installation.

I keep being advised to check my support ticket but I haven't any idea what or where it is.
7 REPLIES 7
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Support Tickets

caravanj
Aspiring Pro

Re: Support Tickets

Thanks for your reply.
What a coincidence that Plusnet's based in Yorkshire as there's an old Yorkshire expression that says "if you want owt doing, do it thee sen"
(if one wishes anything doing it's best to do it one's self).
I've liaised directly with the local Openreach engineer, via the site manager, and he's confirmed that he'll be connecting our house plus 2 others, including pulling the cable from the BT junction box, within the next few days so at this point in time I probably know more than Plusnet about the installation.
LukeS
Grafter

Re: Support Ticket for Delayed Installation.

Hi caravanj,
Welcome to Plusnet. I wouldn't normally ask customers to do this, but if you hear anything please let us know. There are some notes on Openreach's system suggesting the routing has been completed but there is a disconnection somewhere. The good news is that hopefully it's a relatively straightforward fix. Although we don't have an estimated date yet. Our provisioning team will also be in touch in due course.
caravanj
Aspiring Pro

The site manager's goes on holiday today so our link to Openreach will go with him unless the stand-in site manager can contact Openreach.
We've moved house numerous times & this is the first problem we've had but I suppose it had to happen sooner or later.
I'll post an update as soon as I hear anything.
AlexD
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Hi caravanj
Many thanks for keeping us updated.
Though we will chase our suppliers, sometimes they will go direct to the customer. This sometimes results in missed updates.
Thanks again.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex D
 Plusnet Help Team
caravanj
Aspiring Pro

Since internet access is more or less mandatory for modern life to function, I found that there were a couple of BT Wi-Fi Fon access points nearby so I've signed up for a month's BT subscription for £39 which gives me 720 hrs which is 24 hours per day for the month.
As we've both got unlimited mobile phone contracts, we're no longer concerned, at this point in time, about how long it takes to get our line installed.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your order
We'll arrange for your phone service to start. This will take 2-4 working days.
We'll then arrange for your broadband service to be activated. This will take 5-7 working days from when your phone service has started.
Hardware
Your broadband router
Your broadband router will be sent out in time for you to use your broadband connection.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I fail to see how the above order statement can be made & should be changed to read something such as this:
Your order
We'll place your order with Openreach who are responsible for installing your landline connection but we are unable to say how long this will take. We will, however, keep you informed of Openreach's progress.
We'll then arrange for your broadband service to be activated. This will take 5-7 working days from when your phone service has started.
Hardware
Your broadband router
Your broadband router will be sent out in time for you to use your broadband connection.
caravanj
Aspiring Pro

The line's being installed by Future Network Solutions Ltd as I'm typing this.
The line's now installed & active. We were given the phone number by Future Ntework Solutions Ltd