Did you mean: 

Removing 1571...

FIXED
PNnewbie
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Removing 1571...

Hi,

I need to have 1571 removed as my BT Premium cordless has a built in answerphone.  Yesterday I removed the tick against VoiceMail in my account but on checking back today it seems to have re-appeared... 

Any Plusnet staff member able to help pse?

Thanks.

14 REPLIES 14
LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Re: Removing 1571...

Hiya @PNnewbie, thanks for getting in touch. I am really sorry that you are having some issues with removing our voicemail, it does look like this didn't go through.

I have created a ticket here for you: https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=221719943 and if you reply on the ticket with confirmation you would like this removed (and give us a nudge on here once done) I will pick this up and get it sorted for you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
PNnewbie
Rising Star

Hiya 

Thanks for your mail - and for checking up on my 1571...

I have replied to your ticket.

Thanks again and have a nice w/end.

John

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Fix

Hey @PNnewbie

Thanks for responding on the ticket. It looks like one of my colleagues has picked this up and has placed the order to have Voicemail 1571 removed from the line. Let me know if it remains tomorrow though and I'll have a look. Smiley

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
PNnewbie
Rising Star

Hi ,

Looks like the 1571 removal has gone through ok.  

Many thanks to you & Lauren! 

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Ah great stuff :@PNnewbie, thanks a lot for letting us know. Smiley

Please feel free to reach out if you need any further support at all.

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
JintyD

I have also got 1571 turned on for my phone, but it is turned off on my account page. I have a home answerphone so have been missing messages. Can you help please?

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi @JintyD do you want us to remove 1571 or get that activated fully for you?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
MikeMA
Hooked

I think 1571 kicks in after 7 rings. An alternative to switching it off is to set your answerphone to kick in after 6 rings. It's what the handbook that came with my corded BT Decor 2600 answerphone suggests. It works fine, and you still have 1571 should you need it. 

198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

@MikeMA Welcome to the forum.  🙂

@MikeMA wrote:

I think 1571 kicks in after 7 rings.

It does, on basic Voicemail, though with Voicemail Extra (£3/month) it can be set to 4, 7 or 10.

Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
JintyD

Thanks guys for your help with this. It turns out now that this is the least of my problems. I signed up for fibre broadband and unlimited landline and unlimited mobile calls. I have however been receiving emails to tell me that  I am reaching my Home Phone credit threshold and need to make a payment. I have phoned customer support twice to say I am on unlimited calls and they can see and have confirmed that is on my contract . They have all been so helpful and one put an extra £75 credit onto my account to tide me over until it is sorted. That was last Thursday and I now have had an email again telling me I have already got through that. Really? Soon I shall not be able to make calls. My mobile signal is rubbish so I shall be restricted to making calls at the end of my garden. Provisioning are not sorting this out. I am expecting my fibre to be connected tomorrow although I have had no email to notify me of this. It has been ages since I signed up. I have completely lost trust in Plusnet and really regret making the switch. 

I feel sorry for the guys working in customer support - they do their very best - but who is actually able to sort out this mess out?

agedgopher
All Star
Fixes: 15

@JintyD  Just as an observation, are any of your calls over ! hour in duration?

Even though you have unlimited landline calls charges do kick in when the call goes over the 59 minute threshold.

That may be the reason for some of the incurred charges.

JintyD

Hi agedgopher 

I received the first of these emails on the day after I signed up for Plusnet in February - 

We thought you should know that you are £15.50 away from reaching your Home Phone credit threshold.

Credit threshold: £55.00

I may occasionally go over the one hour limit but I think it would be a hell of a call to have gone over by £40 in one day. I previously had a similar account with John Lewis and only occasionally paid about £5 in a month for the total of all calls over the 1 hour. In the  last email I seem to have spent £75 in 3 days. There is definitely something not right here.

SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 93

Hiya @JintyD,

Thanks for getting in touch, I appreciate it and I am sorry for the confusion over your account.

I can see that you have contacted our customer service team here and they have taken steps to get this resolved for you.

Please get back in touch of you need any further help.

Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 156

This sounds most odd - something more than just commercials having gone wrong.  Are you making lots of calls, or is there a crossed line here, such that another user's calls are being registered to your account?

That said you would not need to make many calls outside of a call plan to hit £40.  Thirty nine 5-minute calls would do that: set up fee (24p) and 5 minutes (79p) comes to £1.03 totalling £39.95!

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.