cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Receiving Text Messages on home phone?

buseng12
Grafter

Receiving Text Messages on home phone?

I've recently bought a text enabled home phone & am having issues receiving text (sms) messages from mobile phones. They only come through as voicemails from the 0845 number & not as text messages.  I have re-registered the handset (several times) by sending the message to the 00000 number & also selected option 5 (off) on the voicemail message set-up times.  Caller ID is working as well.  Since doing the latter nothing comes through at all text wise. Going the other way is ok, I can send texts from the home phone to mobiles ok. It seems to be a common problem.

Does anyone have any solutions or ideas please?

4 REPLIES 4
198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

Re: Receiving Text Messages on home phone?

Might be worth ploughing through this thread?

https://community.plus.net/t5/Home-Phone/SMS-messages-using-home-phone-land-line/td-p/959498

Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
buseng12
Grafter

Thanks for the link, have checked a few things to no avail. My service centre numbers are ok. One I did find was that the auto reply after sending the re-register text did come back as a proper text message! Very strange? Funny mobile texts don't.

buseng12
Grafter

I "might" of "solved" my problem. What I did was to manually send a "Register" text to 00000 instead of using the built in Re-register app on the phone. Since then all incoming texts have arrived as sms's instead of voicemail messages. Whether it is a co-incidence or not I don't know, but it is working properly now. Will leave well alone.

198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

Great news. 😀

Thanks for update.

Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)