cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Receiving SMS Text Messages into Gigaset Phone with SMS capability

hansonaj

Receiving SMS Text Messages into Gigaset Phone with SMS capability

Hi,
I have a Gigaset S810H handset with an N300AIP base unit.
The handset has SMS capability and is setup as standard with a service centre 1470P17094009*.
I am able to send SMS messages and sent "Register" to 00000 and had a response saying that I am now Registered on the BT text messaging service.
However I am unable to receive SMS texts into the SMS mailbox on the phone.
Initially they were converted to voice via the text-to-voice service which is on nos: 08443 585862. I dialled the nos 0800 5875252 which lets you set when you receive text-to-voice and chose option 5 which is never. However I still received SMS messages as voice.
I assumed from this that this was a BT only service and didn't impact the receipt I was getting via 08443 585862. On dialling this number I had the option to halt SMS text service. I tried this to see if this worked, but instead I now am unable to receive SMS messages at all.
There was the option to re-enable SMS via phoning 08443 585960, but this does not work.
Question
1. Can anyone help re-enabling the SMS service at all?
2. Can anyone help with receiving SMSs directly on the Handset as text?
Looking forward to any help anyone can provide.  Smiley
Alec
1 REPLY 1
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Re: Receiving SMS Text Messages into Gigaset Phone with SMS capability

The landline text service does work on Plusnet lines (I had it).
You do have caller display on your line, don't you?  This is a requirement for delivery of messages in text format.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.