cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Potentially Book Lift & Shift

stacew90

Potentially Book Lift & Shift

Hey Guys,

Not sure if it's possible or not. I'd like a master socket fitted to where our phone line comes in from underground in the garage. To cut a long story short whoever did the wiring in my house did an absolute bodge. It runs all around the house up the front round the rear and other side to eventually get where it's currently terminated. (There is also 2 BT sockets a long the way just to hide wires being tied together to continue the bodge)

I could potentially move this myself, but number 1 Im not sure where I stand if I do have a line fault, and number 2 there's not a huge amount of wire coming from the DP.

Thanks,
Chris

4 REPLIES 4
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

Re: Potentially Book Lift & Shift

@stacew90 What you are asking for (i think) is a re-routing of your internal phone cabling, which should only be done, AFAIK, by BT/OR otherwise you could have problems, but it certainly isn't a 'lift & shift' - that is an operation carried out in your local exchange to solve problems.

John
LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hiya @stacew90, thanks for getting in touch. I am sorry to hear of the issues with the current wiring, it does sound like a nightmare!

Where abouts is your current master socket located? What you would need, is a master socket relocation done by Openreach, though this does carry a cost of £160. This would be payable upfront and if it is something you choose to do, can arrange this with our team by calling 0800 432 0200.

Please let me know if you have any further queries.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
stacew90

Hello,

My mastersocket is in the living room on the outside wall. I've already run a cat 6 cable from the garage next to where the line comes in. My plan would be brand new master socket in the garage terminated from where the line feeds into the house then put the modem there and carry the data from the circuit down my new CAT6 cable into the router which will stay where it is.

Then I can remove about untidy cables and BT sockets off the walls where they are not needed. Does this make sense?

Thanks,

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Thanks a lot for getting back to us and for confirming the details @stacew90

I'm around until 8PM this evening, so if you'd like to go ahead, please let me know and I'll be able to give you a call to discuss this further, and to take payment if you'd like to go ahead with the master socket relocation. Smiley

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds