cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet billing query

dennisb66
Grafter

Plusnet billing query

I have just received details of my account bill for  December .I have call charges of £18.43 plus £3.22 vat,total £21.65.
My actual charges are... call charges £2.94 plus vat .I am on anytime call plan.
Would someone kindly take a look at my account please
32 REPLIES 32
mal0z
Grafter

Re: Plusnet billing query

Not all calls are covered by the Anytime accounts - such as calls to cellphones and premium numbers etc .
dennisb66
Grafter

That is what the call charge of £2.94 is for Mal.There are no other calls.
clairesdog
Grafter

I have just raised a ticket for exactly the same thing. Been charged £26in call charges, when I have only made for £3.74 of phone calls!
dennisb66
Grafter

I have also just sent a ticket. Interesting to know just what is going on. Huh
suee

I have also raised a ticket yesterday eve, being billed £47.94 for call charges when it should have only been £6.40, apparently plusnet not billed me for call charges since August 2009.
No emails-no communication-just a very unexpected bill!! Angry
Mand
Grafter

Hi there,
I've replied to both your tickets.
The charges are as a result of you not being billed for call charges since August. The costs are reflected in your itemised bills for the correct months, but weren't charged due to a system problem.
Mand
Grafter

Sorry suee, I didn't refresh the page before I posted. Sad
This is the second part of the cleanup from a problem caused back in August, we did email the first batch of customers, but that caused more confusion and problems than it solved, so we decided not to email the second batch of customers (of which you were one).
I'm sorry if you think this was the wrong decision, and would just like to apologise to all affected for any confusion caused here.
clairesdog
Grafter

I am shocked! Shocked  I can't believe that you knew that I had not been charged for calls since august, but don't bother to tell me, then take almost £60 from my account in one go , without any prior explaination.
After several years with plusnet, 2009 has got tbe the worst on record, we had a diabilical house move that resulted in no internet or home phone for a month either. A shocking way to treat your customers.
suee

I am also shocked!! To have NOT been informed that there was a major problem with your billing system in the first place, and then to just decide to bill me in one go for 4mths worth
of call charges is certainly not how Plusnet, or any other business should be conducting themselfs.
I am currently awaiting a telephone call today from Ashly as to if my direct debit can be stopped for this month, at least if we had been informed PRIOR to this extra charge we could of
budgeted for it so soon after christmas.
Mand
Grafter

There was a Service Status thread running on the issue from August to the end of October, with regular updates.
The majority of customers were fixed and billed in November/early December. As I said we did email these customers but this caused more confusion. Also it's impossible to be exact with call charge amounts, as they're constantly updating up until the point you get billed (before we had a lot of customers saying you said you were going to bill me £xx.xx but you've actually billed me £xx.xx for instance).
I'd once again like to apologise, I can appreciate it's not the best time for unexpectedly higher bills.
dennisb66
Grafter

I have checked my debits since August and accept that you are correct,however this is a big "thumbs" down for plusnet. Why does not my current bill in the Payment Summary reflect the previous unpaid call charges,if it had then this thread may not have been necessary.
colbrad
Grafter

Quote from: Mand
No, you were charged the lower rate. We only updated the VAT rate on calls last night (for this reason and because some of the notifications of changes went out a little later than the 1st of December).

can you all check your VAT amount charged, mine says 17.5% when clearly it should be charged at 15% if these calls were made prior to the increase on 1st Janauary 2010.
Mand
Grafter

The call charge you see on your itemised bill is inclusive of VAT, without seeing the pre-VAT charge it wouldn't be possible for you to see the rate applied.
I assure you it's correct though, I approved the change myself yesterday.
colbrad
Grafter

Quote from: Mand
The call charge you see on your itemised bill is inclusive of VAT, without seeing the pre-VAT charge it wouldn't be possible for you to see the rate applied.
I assure you it's correct though, I approved the change myself yesterday.

Hi Mand
are you referring to the itemised billing in My Account, if so the Hint on the far right column says "With call details you can see what time of the day you use your phone most. Click on the column headings to arrange calls by different categories. Cost is excl. VAT."
I'm really not following your point, can you please take a look at my Invoice #18858985 as I come to a different total using the calculations below.
As a breakdown, the system should in theory be adding 15% VAT to Call Charges & additional Broadband data only, all other charges should be 17.5% ie. Broadband charge & Talk 'line rental' charge. But it appears to me that 17.5% as been added to the overall subtotal while not acknowledging the fact that some of the charges relate to services (call charges and additional broadband usage) that were accumulated prior to the VAT increase.
Broken down in detail, I believe the VAT should be calculated as thus, please let me know if this is correct.
Additional Data Transfer Charge Until 01/12/2009 - £x.xx
Call charge for the period to 03/01/2010 - £x.xx
Subtotal A - £xx.xx + 15% VAT
Madasafish Max Premier Broadband charge for the period 03-01-2010 to 02-02-2010 - £x.xx
Madasafish Home Phone - Talk product charge for the period 03-01-2010 to 02-02-2010 - £x.xx
Subtotal B - £xx.xx + 17.5% VAT
Subtotal excluding VAT - £xx.xx
VAT @ 15% - £x.xx
VAT @ 17.5% - £x.xx
Total Amount Due - £xx.xx
sorry to keep banging on about this Mand, but my calculations make sense to me. If anyone would like to check their bill charges using the above calculations and let me know if their bill is correct or not I'd be really grateful, thanks
Colin