cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet Refusing Number Port

brownjamie14

Plusnet Refusing Number Port

Good Afternoon Everyone,

We live in a rural location and as such, our broadband speed is very poor even with FTTC. To cut a long story short, i have added a 4G modem to my router and now have speeds 3x what we have through the land line with an unlimited data sim on EE.

I have set up a Voip adapter so we can retain our existing telephone handsets, and opened up an account with sipgate, who have provided a temporary geographical number. All of this is working fine.

I was told by sipgate that i would be able to port my existing Plusnet number over to the sipgate voip service for £30, and this would then terminate my plusnet service.

This is where my troubles began. I filled out the porting form and letter of authorisation with all the correct information and submitted to Sipgate. Sipgate responded immediately saying they had sendt the port request to Plusnet. 24hrs later an email arrives from Sipgate saying that Plusnet had rejected the port due to incorrect installation address on the porting form. I queried this further with sipgate said it was the postcode that was incorrect, and to contact Plusnet to see what they had on their systems. 

I contacted Plusnet who confirmed that postcode i supplied was correct on all their systems and to contact BT??? I then contacted BT who said to contact Openreach as they are not my provider. I tried to contact Openreach but they don't speak to the end user.

I then phoned Plusnet back and was put through to some senior employee who said he doesn't know why they rejected it and maybe Plusnet numbers can't be ported to Voip.

I've really had enough of going round in circles with this. I get the feeling, and from reading other posts on here, that Plusnet are intentionally being difficult and rejecting the port in order to prevent me leaving them in breach of Ofcom regulations.

Has anyone managed to successfully port a number from Plusnet to a Voip service?

Thanks, Jamie

4 REPLIES 4
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

Re: Plusnet Refusing Number Port

Has anyone managed to successfully port a number from Plusnet to a Voip service?

Yes, to Sipgate as it happens, with no problems. You do have to get all the information on the porting form , and the letter of authorisation absolutely correct though.

Hopefully one of the Help team might be able to look at your forms and see what might be wrong with them.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Pleasure talking to you this evening @brownjamie14

As discussed, the address details oin our end appear to be fine, though if your new supplier are having addressing issues, hopefully the NAD Key and UPRN provided this evening will allow them to resolve these. Smiley

Please feel free to reach out if you have any further queries at all.

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

So do we know what caused the port to be rejected ?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

I would imagine it is not dissimilar to the multitude of cases we see here where Plusnet seek to take over a working service and then find that BT Openreach's records are a shambles, resulting in the order being rejected.

That said what is dissimilar here is that unlike Plusnet (the gaining supplier), who raise the right ORDI queries and bridge cases to get BTOR's internal data errors rectified, this VoIP (gaining) supplier is ducking the issue.