cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet Call Protect

patersof

Re: Plusnet Call Protect

Information on the use of this is poor on your website.  I want to know how I can  add International, Withheld and Unavailable numbers to my blocked list as I've had the Call Protect feature for about a month now but am not seeing any reduction in the volume of nuisance calls I receive.

salmo
Rising Star

Dial 1572 and choose option 4 personal options.

Then select option 3 divert by call type.

Option 1 is to turn on or off.

Option 2 is to turn withheld number calls on or off.

Option 3 is to turn international calls on or off

Option 4 is to turn unrecognised (unavailable) number calls on or off

It's fiddly to set up but I've found it worthwhile. I've used this for a few weeks now and only had one spam call get through. I have not barred withheld numbers as Doctors etc withhold their number.

On page 4 MM263 has a link to a very useful table he has produced.

198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

@salmo wrote:

On page 4 MM263 has a link to a very useful table he has produced. 

The page number varies depending on an individuals's forum settings.  Wink

It's Message No. 51.

Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
Walter
Rising Star

Petersof, Download and print the details referenced in earlier Posts.

It all has to be done from your handset and nothing is available via webpage sadly.

I banned everything and have not had a dodgy call over the last 3 months, peace at last.

dgilbert2
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

@bucksboy wrote:

Today I had to ask customer services to switch it on, but long wait so tried chat, yep got it done ( it's free/part of your package cost so why have to ask for it to be switched on by Plusnet, should be self selected in all it's aspects .

I have just come across this after recently placing a Broadband and Phone order which I am waiting for activation.

The order process should provide this as an option as well as being ex-directory. Its only now I realise this wasn't done when ordering which it should do in my opinion.