Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone line died

FIXED
Smokey13
Dabbler

Phone line died

Hi, so midday-ish yesterday my broadband suddenly stopped working (I did reset my router evt but it made no difference) and then I checked the phone and there was no dial tone either so I was wondering if it could be storm damage or something?, don't think it's my end (was working fine till it died), any chance someone at plusnet could test my phone line?

Thanks
9 REPLIES 9
Ortero
Dabbler

Re: Phone line died

@Smokey13 I've got the same problem, my post is three or four below yours. If you've got a mobile go to the help section and you can text your phone number to Plusnet for them to check your line. If you have no mobile @Townman has provided a useful link - phone faults - in his reply to my post where you can test your line. Good luck.

Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

@Smokey13 

Report it by Text, see  https://www.plus.net/help/report-a-problem/phone/

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Smokey13
Dabbler

Well, I appreciate the replies but unfortunately I can't do phonecalls due to disability so I did try to report by text (as it said they would text back if there was a fault) but they rang me instead, so epic fail.

Anyway last time I had an issue I just posted on the forum and they tested it so I figured I'd try it again, I think I'll just wait to see if plusnet will test it or not.
Ortero
Dabbler

@Smokey13 this page https://www.plus.net/help/legal/support-for-customers-with-disabilities/ may be of interest. Most if not all telecoms providers offer priority fault fixes to "vulnerable" customers, you may qualify.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi @Smokey13

I'm really sorry to see your phone and broadband's not working.

I've tested your line today and the tests are showing what's known as an external "Battery Contact" fault, so I'm surprised that this wasn't picked up and raised automatically when you sent a text to us.

I've reported the fault now to our suppliers anyway and we've been given an estimated response time of by 23/02/22 23:59:59 for an engineer to go out and investigate further.

If you can fill out our additional support form Here and provide some details of your disability on the ticket I've logged Here I may be able to get this fixed quicker for you. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Smokey13
Dabbler

Hi @Gandalf, thank you for testing the line, I appreciate it.

Ah, so there was a fault, I thought there probably was due to how the broadband/phone died.

Anyway an engineer taking a look by end of 23rd should be fine, thanks for reporting it and letting me know.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Fix

Hi @Smokey13

No problem, let me know how it goes

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Smokey13
Dabbler

Hi @Gandalf 

the engineer came out and said the line from the box to the house was damaged so he replaced it and it's all back up and running normally now.

thanks again for the help.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Excellent! No problem, cheers for the confirmation @Smokey13 

If you have further issues or there's anything else you need help with, feel free to get back to me and I'll be happy to help. Smiley

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet