cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone issue

DeeAJay
Dabbler

Phone issue

I can't make or receive calls on my landline. Phone troubleshooting says I've to text PHONE to a number. How does this work? I can't text with my landline and I don't have a mobile account with Plusnet so they won't know who I am.

3 REPLIES 3
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Re: Phone issue

Interesting question!!

The Super Users have raised this recently and we were advised that if your mobile number (from whomever) is referenced in your account details, things will work by magic.  If not the service will ask for your phone number.

In a previous iteration of the instructions, one was advised to put one's landline number after PHONE in the text message, as in...

PHONE 01234567890

One of the mods has escalated this issue...

Note, other than a mobile number being registered against a broadband account, there is no association between Plusnet Broadband accounts and Plusnet mobile accounts.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

DeeAJay
Dabbler

Thank you for your reply. We've tried texting PHONE to the number given. No response as yet.

willcutforth
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 97

Hey there @DeeAJay 

I can see you have since been contacted since, do you need me to do anything at all?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Will Cutforth
 Plusnet Help Team