cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone cut off, Broadband cut off

smythers66

Phone cut off, Broadband cut off

Following a home move in October, I was finally reconnected to Plusnet on 14th November (2½ weeks no service). Everything was working til last Saturday 12th December and the BOOM. Nothing. No explanation, no service, no excuses. Called Plusnet. 2 hours on the phone and I was eventually sidelined to wait for an update. Received an email (that you can't reply to) Turns out that my service won't be connected til this Saturday 19th December. Honestly, I cannot believe the incompetence of this company. It would appear that BT cut off my phone (well, they're just beyond incompetent), and Plusnet are at their mercy.
What a ridiculous set up. It takes 2 seconds for a BT engineer to restart my line, but due to the draconian processes they have in place it takes a week to do a simple task.
Bu that's not the best bit. I received an email earlier from Plusnet stating " Welcome to Plusnet" your phone line is ready to use. Erm.....no it ain't - I tried the line and it still shows as disconnected.
So, over the course of 2 months and 3 weeks I have spent around 12/13 hours dealing with the unending grief that Plusnet along with its partner in crime BT have created. It really is so so poor, and for the amount of money being charged to not even be able to answer queries quickly, concisely and not to have strings and strings of emails marked "Your question is on hold" etc etc, never mind the ludicrous wait time is frankly unacceptable and a slap in the face of the customers that cough up for this dreaful service.
Sadly we are all hostages to a very small number of providers which are all bad to degree, and up until now I have enjoyed a relatively good service from Plusnet, but all of that good will is gone.
If someone could give me a status update when they can be bothered, that would be really nice. Also, an explanation of why this has occurred and a promise that I won't be just cut off in future. This screws up arrangements and I had to decamp and work elsewhere. Not great Plusnet !!
2 REPLIES 2
PlusnetRSh1te

Re: Phone cut off, Broadband cut off

Have you had a response yet?
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Phone cut off, Broadband cut off

Hi there,
Sorry for the problems you've experienced, I've checked over your account and can see you've had an update and an activation date for the broadband. Sorry for the delays.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.