cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone Change from BT to PN

caroline1
Dabbler

Phone Change from BT to PN

Already a PN BB user for quite some time, my phone line and calls were due to change over from BT to PN on Monday 27/01/14, I believe this has occured as my BT answer 1571 and caller display have disappeared on that date, pnone working normally, however, no notifications to this effect have been received to date.
I note that there is an open ticket from 27/01/14, no 80417028 advising completion of the change and requesting an update to my records, I have added a note to this but again not received any response.
I can not as yet access "my phone" area in order to add 1571 and request caller display.
Can one of the support team possibly advise when my records will be updated and I can access "my phone" area to make the changes I require.
Many thanks,
Caroline R.
5 REPLIES 5
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Phone Change from BT to PN

I'll get this sorted for you, please check in 10 mins.
caroline1
Dabbler

Ben,
Fantastic service, all sorted and verified, I have full access to my phone control panel now and have added the "caller display" request, was advised that the complimentary 1571 service was already active.
Many thanks for your very prompt and excellent service, much appreciated,
Kind regards,
Caroline R.
jazz
Grafter

Good to hear the quick response!  I am a BB user but got my landline with BT - planning to change to Plusnet on Aug 12 when my present "annual lease" expires! Smiley
caroline1
Dabbler

Hi Jazz,
Yes, my conversion did take place on schedule but the follow up paperwork seemed to get "stuck" in the system, adding a note to the associated open ticket did not produce any results but the note on the forum certainly did the trick as you can see, the PN support people who monitor the forums always seem to be very much on the ball.
As soon as I had access to my phone "control panel" I was able to add the "caller display" function I required, this was actioned within half an hour and I was suitably advised.
I have recently changed my PN BB to unlimited fibre, was 40 Gb. fibre limited usage, my two teenage boys are becoming very heavy internet users now and were frequently exceeding the monthly allowance, with this package plus line rental paid in advance and evening & weekend free calls package I have calculated that this will still be cheaper than any equivelent BT package, I have always been very happy with PN service accepting the current problems they appear to be having with very long waiting times on their telephone help service, find that I very rarely have any requirement to use this anyway as virtually everything can be done on line.
The excellent on-line options & help facilities also means that my dad, who is a long standing PN customer and much more technical than I, can help me out with any tech. problems I can not manage to negotiate even when he is away from home at his work location, quite a bonus for me and certainly a factor with my choice of ISP's..
Regards,
Caroline R.
jazz
Grafter

Thanks for that added info Caroline - glad everything is sorted for you now.  Sorry to be so long in responding but I've been away for a couple of weeks.  I've been a Plusnet BB customer for many years and always been happy with their service.  Looking forward to changing my landline to them!  Smiley