cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PLusnet lost my landline

Chrissianne
Hooked

PLusnet lost my landline

Got wonderful plusnet yesterday - they have LOST my landline, blocked it, whatever.   NO land line and no mobile signal where I live.   Send numerous messages in all places but no hope of either of their two staff answering them. 

Question - how long did they take to reinstall a landline if they ever did this before to anyone???  I want to scream.  I effed at their useless robot to get things off my chest.   

They are proving to be only a tenth as good as they were when I used them last years and years ago.  That fat happy chap on the tv is now proven to be a liar.....

7 REPLIES 7
agedgopher
All Star
Fixes: 15

Re: PLusnet lost my landline

@Chrissianne 

Did you sign up for full fibre or fibre to the cabinet or ADSL?

It may answer your question.

Evan

Chrissianne
Hooked

Hello..  It was full fibre with anytime calls.    I spoke to them today and I am hopeful I will get my land line back tomorrow...we will see.    At the moment it is 'not available' to callers with no ringtone at my end....thx

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 395

It was full fibre with anytime calls.  

The full fibre products don't have an option for a phone line. Are you sure it was full fibre (FTTP)  and not Unlimited Fibre or Unlimited Fibre Extra which are FTTC ( Fibre to the cabinet )

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Chrissianne
Hooked

It must have been unlimited then.  Have no idea what the others even mean.   Since I will only get 8mps on my ancient PC it hardly matters anyway...I am hopeful I will get my phone line back ...would rather have that and no BB tbh...it has made my headache all day....thank you ...

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 395

In that case it sounds like there was a  problem porting the landline number from your old supplier. Hopefully that should be easily rectified.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Chrissianne
Hooked

They actually gave me a new number which was an anagram of my old one (a typo I would guess) ....I told them I did not want a new number.   Why would I want a new number??   I was with John Lewis, whom they owned.  Should not have been a problem....fingers crossed anyway...ty 

Chrissianne
Hooked

Day three with no land line.  How hopeless can a company be?   They have filed my issue as 'done' now as they told me they would fix it.   They didn't fix anything.   My mother is very very frail, 94 and I can't call her.  She can't call me....I am her only point of contact.  They gave me next month free as a good will gesture,  but if anything happens to my mum and she cannot get help they had better give me the rest of my life free.    I am wishing that I had chosen another company to migrate to after John Lewis.   Anything not owned by BT.   There is nothing anyone can do now...I have to wait like a mug while plusnet scratch their collectives asses....they remind me of Hermes, the useless courier company, fobbing me off with empty promises....