cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number to delete last incoming call number

Not applicable

Number to delete last incoming call number

I thought that the number to dial to delete the last incoming call number was 1475 but I tried this and it didn't work. Does anyone know the correct number please?
Huh
13 REPLIES 13
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Re: Number to delete last incoming call number

Sandra, its 1471 to see the last caller, or are you trying to hide it from your better half.
paulby
Grafter

It is 1475.
You have to dial 1475 and hang up.  The system will phone you back after about 20 seconds. If you answer the call all you'll get is a dial tone - you can hang up.  If you then dial 1471 the number will be announced as "you were called today at ..... The caller witheld their number".
Not applicable

Pierre - don't know about 'better' - nosier more like! Paul - tried the 1475 again but I get the high-pitched bleep and the message saying that the other person has hung up. Strange indeed but thank you for your replies.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Poppy,
You are still with BT I assume as it won't work if your phone is with PlusNet - corrected - yes it does  Embarrassed
pierre_pierre
Grafter

does work on Home phone, just did it, beats me why any one would want that feature
paulby
Grafter

@oldjim
It works just fine with PN - in fact it's one of their free services (1471 erasure) - I've used it a few times and I'm with PN for phone!  
@pierre_pierre
I used it so the other half didn't know her cousin had phoned (we were arranging a surprise party) - I also had to erase the number from the recent calls list on the phone. 

paulby
Grafter

@poppy
It may be that your exchange doesn't support the service.  From Openreach's price list:
"The availability of Calling Features facilities depends upon the exchange type which serves the End User."
alanf
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Thanks for telling me about 1475. I can't think why I'd want it but at least I know it's there if I do!
It worked for me on Plusnet Home Phone as described by Paul03 above.
A lot easier to keep secrets if the caller is trained to dial 141 or withhold their number by whatever means before calling. Even then OH will begin to get suspicious if withheld numbers occur too frequently. Blame salespersons?
Not applicable

Paul - thank you for the reply. I have Homephone Anytime+, not BT (although it is really BT if you see what I mean).  The feature is no big deal really - I wanted to know out of curiosity.
It has occurred to me that it may not work because I have number withheld.
paulby
Grafter

Possibly that's the case.  It also doesn't work if the call you are trying to erase is a withheld number (or you've used 1475 and no-one has phoned since!).
Not applicable

Use a mobile phone to call your home number, remembering to dial 141 before the number.
Same net result as the method above, but guaranteed to work every time.
Alternatively, dial your home number from a mobile, but don't withold the number - then tell the OH that you called by accident when you knocked/sat on/whatever your phone without the keylock on if you don't want to have a withheld number as the last caller.
Not applicable

That sounds like the voice of experience James. Must say that this is beginning to look as if one is trying to hide something - honestly, it's not the case!
Unfortunately, my life is not that exciting!
Roll_eyes
Not applicable

I sadly have a life too mundane to be speaking from experience, but I do benefit from a devious mind...