cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No dialling tone.

yotmon
Hooked

No dialling tone.

Hi, I noticed yesterday that the landline telephone was dead (no dialling tone) but the broadband is working fine. I have tried two different handsets to no avail. I had someone call the number to check the line, but the phone didn't ring.  As I don't own a mobile I couldn't directly contact Plusnet, so I asked a member of the family to text 'phone' to them as instructed on their website. I have since received an email quoting ref.no. Question #222301353 saying that they had tried to ring me re' my broadband problem ? I did reply to this email, but not sure if they are monitored as I didn't receive a reply. The only way I can communicate with Plusnet is via e-mail or on here. Can someone check the line to find where the fault lies and update me via my email address. 

Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6
Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

Re: No dialling tone.

@yotmon 

If you log in to your account in the Member Centre you should find that there is an open ticket attached to your account. You can reply to this directly.

Plusnet do not respond to emails, it has to go through the ticket system.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

yotmon
Hooked

Thanks for the reply. I think the message u are referring to was emailed to me last night, telling me that they had opened a question and for me to text them the word 'advisor'. But as stated, I don't have access to a mobile to do that. I am in the process of digging out my old twitter account to see if I can send a message to them.

Thanks.

Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 76

@yotmon  why not simply log into the member centre, find the ticket and reply there? As mentioned above.

yotmon
Hooked

Thanks for the reply. I have now made contact with plusnet via twitter and an external fault has been found. Should be repaired by the end of 01/03. 

Incidentally, for future reference where would I find the 'Community centre', as I'm having trouble locating it ?

Thanks.

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

@yotmon If by 'Community centre' you mean the 'Members centre' as referenced by @Mustrum , it is your Account page, reached from the 'Broadband, phone and TV' drop-down under the 'My account' banner at the top of every page.

John
adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Thanks a lot for getting in touch @yotmon and I'[m sorry to hear that you're having issues with your phone line at the moment, I'm also sorry for the fact that someone may have tried to call you on the landline, even though it's not working at the moment!

Anyway, I've checked out the fault this morning and can confirm that the issue stems from a disconnection at the exchange. Openreach are now aware of the matter and are looking to have it resolved by 01/03/22 23:59:59 01/03/22 23:59:59 Smiley

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds