cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No dial tone

deanash1
Not applicable

No dial tone

I am getting no dial tone on home phone but broadband is working.
have followed instructions and disconnected equipment and used new corded phone.  still no tone.
Line fault test came back ok,  yet still have no tone
8 REPLIES 8
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Re: No dial tone

Hi,
Have you plugged your phone into your Test Socket? You will find this by removing the two screws on your Master Telephone Socket, then removing the plastic faceplate from the front. Behind the faceplate you remove you will see another telephone socket - This is the Test Socket. Plug your phone in there, by itself, if there is no Dial Tone still, you will need to get this raised as soon as possible. To raise then Phone Fault I would advise to Call the Technical Support Line on: 0800 432 0200 (24/7) and they can run a Line check for you and raise the Fault directly to BT for you.
spencro

I've had a similar problem for a few days. I fielded a call, but all I could hear was a buzzing ringtone. Since then, I can't call out, and the only call I've had since then was a similar one, without the buzz. When someone calls our number, it goes to Call Minder, which we are not signed up to. We don't hear a ring when they phone, and there are no messages on our voicemail. I've reported all this via the support system, but all I have in response is an automated email "thanking" me for the question. I'm not impressed.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi spencro,
Do you have a wired phone you could try the test with? We have cordless phones and that's happened to us a couple of times, generally taking the battery out of the phone and leaving it for 30 seconds before putting it back in sorts it out.
If you could try with a corded phone into the test socket (behind the master socket front plate) and let us know if the fault is still apparent we'll get investigating for you.
spencro

No, I don't have a corded phone. I have removed the batteries as you suggested and replaced them, but to no avail. Still no reply from the customer service team three days after reporting the fault.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Hi spencro,
Do you have a Ticket Reference number so I can chase the ticket up for you? Also would it be possible for you to try a corded telephone?
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi spencro,
It looks like a fault has been located on the line which is now being investigated by our suppliers. Our faults team will keep you updated.
Jojo Smiley
keith4x4
Grafter

Hi spencro
Has your line been fixed yet ?
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Looks from the ticket like it's sorted Smiley
Of course please let us know if that's not the case and we'll get back onto it for you.