Did you mean: 

New Customer - No Incoming/Outgoing Calls

FIXED
Darren_R_UK
Hooked

New Customer - No Incoming/Outgoing Calls

Hi,

A little bit of an odd one.

We're due to cut over to PlusNet on Monday (29th). However, we're currently not able to send/receive calls. We get a dial tone and then a continuous tone after dialling a number. Incoming calls get a ringing tone then continuous tone after approx 6 tones. We've ruled out an issue with the phone itself and the master socket.

I thought our current provider (Now) might have been a bit quick off the mark on transferring the line. After speaking to them they have confirmed it's an outside fault. As we're due to be with PN on Monday they've pretty much washed their hands of the issue and said raise it with our new provider (PN) as they may be able to get the engineer to look into it when the cutover happens.

Not sure what to do now really as the line isn't with PN yet. Any advice?

Thanks,

Darren

13 REPLIES 13
flanzm
Pro
Fixes: 15

Re: New Customer - No Incoming/Outgoing Calls

I would wait for Plusnet to take over the circuit on Monday and then raise a fault straight away. I doubt PlusNet would be raise a fault when they don't have the line yet. Out of interest is your broadband with now still working ok ? Does dialing 17070 give you anything ?
Darren_R_UK
Hooked

Hey Flanzm,

Thanks. Yeah, the broadband is still working.

I've just tried 17070 and get the OR line test. Interestingly the number is says is for this line isn't my number. The ringback test does come through. I'm guessing an engineers been tinkering in the cab or exchange and done something.

I'll hold fire until Monday and get the chaps/chapesses at PN to get onto it.

flanzm
Pro
Fixes: 15

Fix

Would be worth ringing the number given by 17070 from a mobile.  If the mobile gives a NU then I would imagine you have somehow been connected to a stopped line.  If the number rings from the mobile you know the number is active.

Whether this is the result of someone accidentally physically crossing your line with a stopped line or making a change as part of the migration I don't know (personally I would be suspicious re: the timing though).  I thought Now used BT Wholesale for voice but I guess it's possible you might have been connected to Sky LLU kit for voice (Shared metallic path facility), and someone has physically moved you from the LLU kit back to BT Wholesale ready for PlusNet, but not actually ported the number yet. 

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Good afternoon @Darren_R_UK

Thanks a lot for reaching out and I'm sorry to hear about the issues you're having. Not quite sure why your current provider have cut off your phone line to be honest, as you said, and on our side, the order is still going through for tomorrow.

We're also importing your current landline number, so it's odd that a different number is being read back to you when dialling 17070. I'd suggest seeing how things go tomorrow when the line has been taken over, as there's little we can do on our side at the moment, and reach out to us if you're having any issues at all. Smiley

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
Darren_R_UK
Hooked

Hi @adam945 ,

Fingers cross for tomorrow. Just as another 'heads-up' the broadband has stopped working as of this afternoon. Having spoken to Now they're saying that there's a localised fault in the area and it might be back before I transfer out. Seems a little to much of a coincidence to me 🤔

Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Hi Darren,

Sounds like you may have a crossed line. The storm this weekend has been causing issues across some areas of the country, has it been bad where you live?

I think it’d be hard though to figure out what’s actually gone wrong but it may also be how @flanzm has described as another possibility. 

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
Darren_R_UK
Hooked

Hi @Anoush 

To be honest we've got away lightly with the weather compared to other people. We've had a bit of rain and a fair breeze (we still possess our bins and the fence panels are still intact!). Nothing that I'd say is unusual for this time of year.

Lets see what tomorrow brings with the migration. Hopefully it'll get sorted then.

Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Hi Darren,

Ah not so bad then. Yeah I know an area in the North West had it hit hard with trees being pulled up from the ground. Devastating.

Fingers crossed your service is back on tomorrow!

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
Darren_R_UK
Hooked

Good news!

Our phone line is working this morning 😀

Just waiting for confirmation on the broadband.

Thanks @Anoush @adam945 @flanzm for your help.

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hey @Darren_R_UK,

I'm glad to hear the phone lines are now up and running! I've checked your account this afternoon and it looks like the broadband is now online too, so you should be all good to go Smiley

Just let us know if there are any issues and we'll be more than happy to help out.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
22martin
Dabbler

Also new customer. Dialing the 17070 number answers with a different number from my supposed transferred original number. When I try to call the alien number from my mobile, it states "this number is not recognised, please try again". When I call my original transferred number from my mobile, it rings then transfers to "the person your trying to contact is not available, please leave a message after the tone". Seems to be several new customers experiencing the same problem. I have an engineer appearing in 10 days, yes 10 days, to try and solve an issue that is clearly not within my 4 walls.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Hi @22martin

I've added a reply to your own topic Here which I hope helps. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

@22martin

IIRC in the other thread you stated you could not accept the earliest available engineer appointment … so yes unfortunately it’s 10 days.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.